• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFL Rail and GA acceptance at Stratford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marisol

The TFL lines between Stratford and Liverpool Street are out this weekend, but GA trains are still going through. I noticed TFL Rail's Twitter feed telling people this morning that there was no acceptance for TFL Rail season point to point tickets between Stratford and London this weekend - is this actually right? I've ocasionally taken a GA train between Stratford and London on my own paper point to point season if the next TFL train is a while away and don't want to run in to issues.

Their Twitter feed has also told people not to doubleback via Shenfield which I'm sure there's still an easement for now that the Shenfield works have ended, so I know they have form for being a bit iffy, but I've had trouble before which I'd rather avoid if their staff are right about non-acceptance. Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt_world2004

Established Member
The TFL lines between Stratford and Liverpool Street are out this weekend, but GA trains are still going through. I noticed TFL Rail's Twitter feed telling people this morning that there was no acceptance for TFL Rail season point to point tickets between Stratford and London this weekend - is this actually right? I've ocasionally taken a GA train between Stratford and London on my own paper point to point season if the next TFL train is a while away and don't want to run in to issues.

Their Twitter feed has also told people not to doubleback via Shenfield which I'm sure there's still an easement for now that the Shenfield works have ended, so I know they have form for being a bit iffy, but I've had trouble before which I'd rather avoid if their staff are right about non-acceptance. Thanks!
I didnt know there were any tfl rail only season tickets at stratford. I think they have got mixed up bus operator passes are not valid on Abellio Greater Anglia services between stratford and liverpool street but point to point season tickets should be.

Marisol

I didnt know there were any tfl rail only season tickets at stratford. I think they have got mixed up bus operator passes are not valid on Abellio Greater Anglia services between stratford and liverpool street but point to point season tickets should be.

Sorry - I think my post was confusing. The person on Twitter said they had a Harold Wood to Liverpool Street season.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
What a load of rubbish!

The route between Stratford and Liverpool Street is inter-available so a passenger with a Harold Wood - Liverpool Street ticket can use the Central Line or National Rail Services between Stratford and Liverpool Street.

This is the normal position and has nothing to do with engineering works.

kieron

Established Member
Sorry - I think my post was confusing. The person on Twitter said they had a Harold Wood to Liverpool Street season.
I'm surprised that anyone has one of those, when a Harold Wood to London Terminals season is the same price, and is valid via Upminster and C2C/District Line due to its "AAA Emerson Park" route.

PeterC

Established Member
I'm surprised that anyone has one of those, when a Harold Wood to London Terminals season is the same price, and is valid via Upminster and C2C/District Line due to its "AAA Emerson Park" route.
1. Only obsessive readers of the Routing Guide are aware that it even exists
2. The low frequency and slow journey (in the wrong direction) between Romford and Upminster imposes a time penalty that makes it easier to simply walk from Liverpool Street.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
The low frequency and slow journey (in the wrong direction) between Romford and Upminster imposes a time penalty that makes it easier to simply walk from Liverpool Street.
But trains are not running into Liverpool Street - isn't that the point of this thread? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.