• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFL Rail/Crossrail Timetable

Status
Not open for further replies.

RailMad

Looking at the current allocated journey time for Taplow to Paddington, and return, it's around 38-44 minuets, depending on the time of day. On the Crossrail website, the journey calculator says Taplow to Bond Street will still only be 38 minuets. Will journey times reduce once the whole route opens, or is the journey calculator just being overoptimistic?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Bond Street is only one stop on from Paddington (ie around two minutes journey time) and there may no longer be a need for the additional time of running into a terminal station so it would seem feasible that 38 minutes to Paddington becomes 38 minutes to Bond Street without much tightening of the schedule on the west side of London.

Looking at this train earlier today which arrived at Paddngton six minutes early, thereby completing the journey in from Taplow in 38 minutes, it is shown as taking four minutes to cover half a mile from Royal Oak Junction to Paddington platform 12, complete with a slow approach. Assuming Paddington Crossrail could be reached in two minutes you have your 38 minute journey into Bond Street.
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/C70857/2021-04-29/detailed

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
The route in the up direction to the Crossrail tunnels ought to be fastest of all by design, as I think that’s the way all the junctions are set normal, and there are no crossing conflicts with down direction trains.

(I’m disregarding the concrete plant siding which I expect to be used overnight.)

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Sorry, but what does GBTT stand for, please?
Great Britain Timetable, ie what the public sees. WTT is Working Timetable, which can be slightly different, and reflects what the trains are supposed to do.

So as an example, the GBTT (and information displays) won’t use the fractions of minutes seen in the WTT which are important to signallers and drivers.

Kite159

Veteran Member
In my experience the Reading - Paddington services sit outside Paddington for a couple minutes awaiting the platform to become available from the Paddington - Reading service. Something which won't happen when the core is open.

mickey

XR trains had 5 mins added to the timetable late last year (at both Paddington and Reading) but now regularly arrive 5-6 mins early. The published journey time between Maidenhead and Reading is faster on GWR than XR, despite the same calling pattern. But miraculously XR can claim great OTP. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.