• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfL telling people not to travel on Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

andystock22

Just received this email from TfL:

We are advising customers to avoid travelling on Monday 6 June.

Severe disruption across the network is expected from start of service on Monday until 08:00 on Tuesday morning, with many stations closed, especially in Zone 1. This is due to RMT strike action in London Underground stations.

Train services are expected to run on parts of most lines, but won't stop at closed stations.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

londonteacher

Seems reasonable - they will not know until Monday what the service will be like. But a slight exaggeration as they are advising not telling people not to travel.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Makes sense to reduce the demand for buses in central London.

Those who can work from home will simply work from home on Monday instead of braving heading to the office, the worse hit will be those who can't work from home and have to brave the buses to try and reach work (or fork out for a taxi) I.e retail or NHS workers.

VideozVideoz

It doesn’t say anywhere which stations will be closed tomorrow. Even on the TFL website

bluegoblin7

Established Member
It doesn’t say anywhere which stations will be closed tomorrow. Even on the TFL website
That’s simply because nobody will know until tomorrow, and even then the list of stations may change throughout the day. It all depends how many staff turn up for work, and where.

AndyHA

RMT throwing its toys out of the pram again . TfL have repeatedly stated No Job Losses etc . But what this is really about is 600 x weekly subs the leaders of the RMT will not be getting into their pockets .

And before I get comments , remember I worked all my working life on the railway , and paid my subs to the RMT !

Status
Not open for further replies.