• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfL ticket machines and offices going cashless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Whilst that is the case, my point was purely about the stations themselves.

Fair enough, though the thread is about the inability to travel on TfL from certain stations if you don't have a card, because that entitlement doesn't exist on their services - if you haven't got a ticket or equivalent you won't get through the barriers.

I doubt anyone would care if there were conductors on the Tube and you could pay them instead (note: I am not suggesting this is practical).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

infobleep

Veteran Member
Fair enough, though the thread is about the inability to travel on TfL from certain stations if you don't have a card, because that entitlement doesn't exist on their services - if you haven't got a ticket or equivalent you won't get through the barriers.

I doubt anyone would care if there were conductors on the Tube and you could pay them instead (note: I am not suggesting this is practical).
Perhaps comparing to National Rail isn't the beta thing to do, given they allow people to pay later.

Another solution would be for TfL to allow people to pay later but I guess with no ticket offices, that would be impossible.

Thus the right call was made. Common sense prevailed. I wonder whose idea it was to try this out in the first place?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Further update to this thread, but as of Monday just gone (21st), London Underground are slowly reintroducing cash payments to their stations across the network. Not sure as of the present time which stations have been changed back already.

As of this morning, a further 40 ticket halls had cash switched back on, there are a further 95 to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.