• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFL Travelcard Bash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello,
I live in Todmorden and I am planning on doing a London zone 1-6 travelcard bash sometime during the may half-term. I am 15 (so child fares). Can anyone advise the cheapest standard and/or first (advance) fares for this journey? I would be coming back the same day. How much is the travelcard? Can anyone point me to any places I should visit? I am doing milage or class clearence (I don't do either).Bearing in mind I do however ideally want a ride on these:
Classes: 165, 172/1, 378 (PRIORITY), 456 and 465.

London Underground: A-stock (PRIORITY. If there is any left by may), C-stock, D-stock, S-stock (PRIORITY), 1972/1973 stock (PRIORITY), 1992/1995/1996 stock

Bus: The 'Borismaster' (PRIORITY).

Thanks in advance if anyone can offer any advice/tips. :)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Do you have any railcards at all and can you remind me of the half term dates?

I do not hold any railcards but I forgot to mention that I'm 15 and therefore qualify for child fares. I will be travelling on the either the 7th of may or between the 3rd and 8th of june 2012. Preferably a weekday.

Thanks for your response.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
How much is the travelcard?

Off-Peak:
£3.20 Zones 1-6
£4.30 Zones 1-9

Can anyone point me to any places I should visit? I am doing milage or class clearence (I don't do either).Bearing in mind I do however ideally want a ride on these:
Classes: 165, 172/1, 378 (PRIORITY), 456 and 465.

165: Go to Paddington for local services.
378: Any LO Line, except GOBLIN.
456: Victoria - London Bridge via Peckham Rye is usually operated by 456s.
465: Go to Charing Cross, Waterloo East or London Bridge.

London Underground: A-stock (PRIORITY. If there is any left by may), C-stock, D-stock, S-stock (PRIORITY), 1972/1973 stock (PRIORITY), 1992/1995/1996 stock

You might want a ride to Amersham or Chesham and back via Chiltern to Marylebone or vice versa, which connects with Bakerloo which uses the 1972 stock.

Might also be useful to connect Paddington with Waterloo (East) using Bakerloo.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
HCan anyone advise the cheapest standard and/or first (advance) fares for this journey? I would be coming back the same day.
The cheapest fares will be difficult to get during half-term week, and for most people isn't half-term break the first week in June?

The cheapest is £7.30, but good luck finding any of those, they are more likely to be available for someone who is not doing a day trip (e.g. arriving into London in the evening, leaving London around midday), the next level up is £11.55, then £15.50 and so on.

Those fares are without the EC Online discount, so if you book on the EC website, you will get a roughly 10% off. The EC website states "Tickets are now available for travel up to and including Thursday 31 May 2012", that has been the case since last Thursday. The next tranche of tickets will be released next Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.