• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFT or CRT?

TFT or CRT?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom B

Established Member
Title says it all... which do you prefer?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

I voted for TFT, as I do not have much space on this desk.

Met Driver

Established Member
TFTs don't match the performance of CRTs under many different circumstances, but I voted for TFTs due to their size.

David

Established Member
I voted CRT, because the position of my monitor varies a bit (or I move around lot!), plus TFT's are a bit too expensive for me currently.

KevinR

TFT as they are smaller, don't take up as much space, are much easier to move [no need to snap your back in several places when trying to lift one]are easier to clean and look better.

Guinness

Established Member
I got my TFT the same price of a CRT - Special offer at PC World!

So much better! :D ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Gareth Hale said:
TFT is Flat Screen
CRT is Normal Screens

Not really. Neither are abnormal! I have a 100% flat CRT. High-end CRTs can be perfectly flat.

Tom B

Established Member
Has anyone ever done a study on the weight of SAs since TFTs started to be popular?

TFTs certainly don't make for so much fun when disposing of them from a second-floor window to the bins underneath :lol:.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
yorkie said:
Gareth Hale said:
TFT is Flat Screen
CRT is Normal Screens

Not really. Neither are abnormal! I have a 100% flat CRT. High-end CRTs can be perfectly flat.

Perhaps it should be described as CRT - like any normal tv set but not..... TFT - Colour LCD Screen.

The CRT I have is crap, you can't even read the text on it properly.

T

Tom

CRT is a standard computer screen that has a huge bulge at the back.
TFT is a 'flat panel'

Gareth Hale

HSTfan!!! said:
yorkie said:
Gareth Hale said:
TFT is Flat Screen
CRT is Normal Screens

Perhaps it should be described as CRT - like any normal tv set but not..... TFT - Colour LCD Screen.

The CRT I have is crap, you can't even read the text on it properly.

My one used to be like that, so I bough a 17" CRT = 100% pure flat except it is rather deep at the back for $99.

Status
Not open for further replies.