TfW’s New Service from December 2020

Discussion in 'Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables' started by Jorge Da Silva, 11 Jun 2019.

1. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

FWIW as I'm not a fan of interworking diagrams (see threads on the appalling mess that is now LNR), I am now inclined to support this now I know the reason :)

2. craigybagel

craigybagel Established Member

Of course that might not be the reason - and rest assured I was just as baffled as everyone else was when a colleague showed me the application earlier today - but it's certainly a plausible reason for it.

3. krus_aragon

krus_aragon Established Member

:)

It saves money on fitting ERTMS to more of the Civity fleet than is otherwise needed. Running the existing diagrams, plus the full hourly service to Aberystwyth, would have left several trains short-formed.

To reference an old conversation on the KA Future Rolling Stock thread:
    In that light, perhaps it's more a case of "our new, self-contained Cambrian timetable would leave each train sitting at Birmingham International for an hour, so let's see if we can send them somewhere more useful in that time instead"?

4. The Planner

The Planner Established Member

They will probably get sent round the corner as suggested like the Cov Leamington did originally.

5. anthony263

anthony263 Established Member

Maybe some additional class 769s could be ordered by tfw . We if the 2 we have now finally get out and do some work

6. cle

cle Established Member

They might as well cover off the Kenilworth service and turn at Leamington Spa - a Kenilworth through from Birmingham!

7. Nunners

Nunners Member

AFAIK Coventry-Leamington is only single track with a passing loop at Kenilworth (or near), so there would not be enough capacity for that, as there is already 2tph passenger on the line plus the large number of freights going from Southampton to the WCML. It might be possible in some hours that less freights are working, but otherwise it would only be possible to run into the sidings

8. cle

cle Established Member

It's a line which should be doubled, at any rate - ludicrous to have single track on the core XC route.

9. The Planner

Still planned to be doubled from Kenilworth to Leamington, won't be CP6 though. Needs to be to enable both XCs going that way post HS2.

10. 30907

30907 Established Member

Think the suggestion is to replace the Nuneaton!

11. Class 170101

Class 170101 Established Member

I thought XC could already to this at weekends if the route via Sollihul was blocked by engineering works?

Or was this possible only prior to Kenilworth shuttle?

12. The Planner

Only works on a Sunday, and that is because WMT don't run the xx.33 to Euston from New St.

13. sufian123

sufian123 Member

Yes but on Sunday xx36 Coventry from new st which is WMT. for some other reasons must be going xc go via Coventry to lms on Sunday. as not all of them do it via Coventry xx33. As some booked via Solihull on Sunday as well.