• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW Class 170's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anamyd

On Moderation
Last edited:

anamyd

On Moderation
Would anyone be willing to film the delivery of the 170s going through Cardiff Central on Wednesday for me for RWL2012 YouTube...? Unlike the first 5 videos, I won't be able to film this myself as I'll be with my family.

anamyd

On Moderation
Just found this!

On 22/11/19 TfW unveiled its Class 170 trains, which from December will add much needed capacity. They'll improve the customer experience, and they're more comfortable. They have plug sockets, passenger information screens and accessible toilets.

Last edited:

OTRail

I’m guessing they’ll enter service unrefurbished? The interiors more or less look the same and livery wise they just need to add the red stripe on the roof/cabs

Jacob Didcote

I’m guessing they’ll enter service unrefurbished? The interiors more or less look the same and livery wise they just need to add the red stripe on the roof/cabs

GA had them refurbished not too long ago. So it already has PRM Mods, the only thing that needs adding is the livery not sure if they are changing the flooring inside to lino, not 100% about that gen.

Jacob Didcote

I believe it should be 203 arriving at Canton tomorrow. It worked the 5H66 0706 Norwich Station Carriage Servicing Depot to Tyseley Traction Maintenance Depot yesterday.

Jacob Didcote

The biggest question is are/will there be enough crews trained on them for timetable change?

Well training has been happening in current times. When i was heading to Cardiff on Saturday, 207 was on test with a number of what i believed were drivers and route learning managers.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
If anyone has any concerns regarding any post, do not reply to it. Do not re-publish it, refer to it, or react to it in any way. Instead click the report button. If you can say in your report what part of the post causes concern and what rule(s) you think are being broken this is helpful to us.

Please do not continue personal conversations on the forum; we have a conversation message feature for personal conversations.

Any such conversations, as well as any posts on the forum should be respectful.

anamyd

On Moderation
I believe it should be 203 arriving at Canton tomorrow. It worked the 5H66 0706 Norwich Station Carriage Servicing Depot to Tyseley Traction Maintenance Depot yesterday.
that's not how it works. it will actually be having rectification work done at Tyseley works, so two more of the 170/2s that are already at Tyseley will be moving to Cardiff Canton depot (post 453).

anamyd

On Moderation
initially, but the plan is to eventually get them to full TfW spec (like the refurbished 175s) inside and out, as they'll be staying long term.

anamyd

On Moderation
does anyone know which 170s are on their way to Cardiff right now...? also if anyone reading this is going to be at Central for them going through around 1730, would you be willing to capture them (videos or photos) for (or allow use on) RWL2012 YouTube...? :p (I'm elsewhere with family today)

2T57

does anyone know which 170s are on their way to Cardiff right now...? also if anyone reading this is going to be at Central for them going through around 1730, would you be willing to capture them (videos or photos) for (or allow use on) RWL2012 YouTube...? :p (I'm elsewhere with family today)
I saw a three-car 170 in GA colours heading south on the Worcestershire/Gloucestershire border around 15:50 but it was too dark to get the number.

anamyd

On Moderation
I saw a three-car 170 in GA colours heading south on the Worcestershire/Gloucestershire border around 15:50 but it was too dark to get the number.
thanks anyway :) just the one unit...? :p

anamyd

On Moderation
has anyone captured 170202 on its move from Tyseley to Cardiff today (or know of anyone having done so)...? please let me know :)

ST156

Did 170205 leave Norwich as expected today? Leaving only 170271 in the Greater Anglia region.

Status
Not open for further replies.