• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW Class 175 interior refurbishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

6Gtraincrew

Mod Note: Please note that posts #1 - #11 were originally in this thread.

175002 should have arrived back at Chester last night and there was a move scheduled in the opposite direction

According to a post on an FB group, 002 was replaced by 006. Lots of pics posted of interior of 002 and it looks good. Big vinyl pics in the bogs of Welsh landmarks. Same 3-pin plus USB sockets as on the 150's.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anamyd

On Moderation
According to a post on an FB group, 002 was replaced by 006. Lots of pics posted of interior of 002 and it looks good. Big vinyl pics in the bogs of Welsh landmarks. Same 3-pin plus USB sockets as on the 150's.
I really want to see those pics!

Tomos y Tanc

I really want to see those pics!

Just go to Facebook and search for 175002. It looks pretty cool.

I particularly like the way the upholstery echoes traditional Welsh woolen mill designs without being a slavish copy.

hobbm013

Just go to Facebook and search for 175002. It looks pretty cool.

I particularly like the way the upholstery echoes traditional Welsh woolen mill designs without being a slavish copy.
Can’t see them, are they in a group?

Chiltern006

This is the interior of 175 002

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190713-220241_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20190713-220241_WhatsApp.jpg
    666.1 KB · Views: 673

Parallel

Established Member
This is the interior of 175 002
Wow! Really liking the look of that. Not too sure about the carpet but the interior is a classic, classy look with enough colour to stop it from being boring. Although, with them due to leave in a couple of years, would an internal ‘refresh’ have been better?

hobbm013

Just seen the photos on Facebook, loving the look of it. Look forward to travelling on one soon! A much needed improvement for sure

Cardiff123

Established Member
Wow! Really liking the look of that. Not too sure about the carpet but the interior is a classic, classy look with enough colour to stop it from being boring. Although, with them due to leave in a couple of years, would an internal ‘refresh’ have been better?
Surely the problem with the 175s is that it's so long so they've had any internal work done to them that they really are in a state. For TfW's 'flagship' long distance train they are very tatty with a mix of FNW pink stripes and ATW turquoise, plus no plug sockets. So anything other than a full refurb wouldn't have been enough.
However, I question whether it's worth fully re-branding the 150/2s internally into the TfW colour scheme, when ATW fully refreshed them internally in the last 2 years of their franchise with new panelling, seat fillings, seat covers, flooring etc.

507 001

Established Member
Although, with them due to leave in a couple of years, would an internal ‘refresh’ have been better?

A refresh is basically all it is (albeit a very good one!). It’s not like they’ve had new seats or interior panels...

A refresh is basically all it is (albeit a very good one!). It’s not like they’ve had new seats or interior panels...
I've heard rumours (albeit of dubious substance) that they actually plan on keeping the 175s now.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
I've heard rumours (albeit of dubious substance) that they actually plan on keeping the 175s now.

Nothing would surprise me anymore! If they do retain them, which services would the use them for I wonder, presumably longer-distance ones as that's what they are designed for and generally operate at the moment.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
Absolutely smarter. In fact, the TfW branding on the exterior of the trains they're keeping looks much more futuristic than the Arriva one!

Only thing is I can't see the tables.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Absolutely smarter. In fact, the TfW branding on the exterior of the trains they're keeping looks much more futuristic than the Arriva one!

Only thing is I can't see the tables.

I'm guessing the tables have been removed for the refurb but will be re-fitted before the unit re-enters service.

6Gtraincrew

I'm guessing the tables have been removed for the refurb but will be re-fitted before the unit re-enters service.

The picture posted above shows the set of seats which has the small trinket table, not a full size one. Full sized tables are fitted at the majority of bay seats though.

Llandudno

Established Member
The refurb looks fantastic. Similar in quality (from the pics anyway) to the 158’s that EMT refurbed a good few years ago.
It is surprising though that a TfW are refurbishing the 175’s as I thought they were going off lease very soon.

How many 175’s are there in the fleet and how long do you think it will take for the entire fleet to be done?

I must admit I quite like travelling in the 175s decent leg room, tables of four seats that usually line up with the windows.

Welshman

Established Member
I'm very impressed.
Does anyone know the proposed diagrams for this unit next week?

I must say its looks like a great job. Cant wait to try one out.
Was this refurbishment and re paint part of a C6 exam/overhaul?

Status
Not open for further replies.