• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW Delay Repay Admin (they think they're Abellio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai Corner

Established Member
I think this belongs here rather than Disputes & Prosecutions? Please move it if you disagree Mods.

I've just written the below to TfW. I think it's self-explanatory. The journey involved was entirely on TfW. Has anyone else had anything similar happen to them?

I made a claim for Delay Repay and elected to donate my refund to the Railway Children, as indicated in the claim process and in recent publicity. Reference as follows

TFW/DR/xxxxxxxxx.

The email I received referred to Abellio (a different TOC) donating my refund to a different charity (the Samaritans).

There appears to be a clerical or system error. I don't want any compensation myself but I would like confirmation that the error has been identified and corrected. It would also be nice if you were to make donations to both charities.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
I think that the problem is that the 'group solution' for Abellio TOCs' delay repay software (Greater Anglia, West Midlands Trains, ScotRail) is Travel Compensation Services Limited. I think that Transport for Wales (Keolis Amey Operations) have also hired them to administer their delay repay software?

Perhaps Travel Compensation Services Limited, have made a mistake? If they or Transport for Wales have actually paid the wrong charity because of an administrative error, when a donation has been made in good faith by a member of the public, it would be exceptionally bad form to ask for the money back. As you have suggested, if that is what's happened then they should make good on the original donation in addition to the erroneous one.

The money might have been paid correctly, but the email you received was a mistake.

Dai Corner

Established Member
I've now heard back from TfW. It seems their system was misconfigured but has now been corrected.

Thank you for contacting us about your compensation payment.

Having investigated your query further, I have been informed that your compensation was in fact donated to the Railway Children Charity.

We have found that there was incorrect information relating to another charity on our systems. This has since been updated and I would like to thank you for making us aware of this situation.

Please be assured that your payment has been sent to the correct charity as advertised.

I hope the above information is useful and if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.