TfW Delay Repay Admin (they think they're Abellio)

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by Dai Corner, 11 Jun 2019.

1. Dai Corner

Dai Corner Established Member

I think this belongs here rather than Disputes & Prosecutions? Please move it if you disagree Mods.

I've just written the below to TfW. I think it's self-explanatory. The journey involved was entirely on TfW. Has anyone else had anything similar happen to them?

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Starmill

Starmill Events Co-ordinator

I think that the problem is that the 'group solution' for Abellio TOCs' delay repay software (Greater Anglia, West Midlands Trains, ScotRail) is Travel Compensation Services Limited. I think that Transport for Wales (Keolis Amey Operations) have also hired them to administer their delay repay software?

Perhaps Travel Compensation Services Limited, have made a mistake? If they or Transport for Wales have actually paid the wrong charity because of an administrative error, when a donation has been made in good faith by a member of the public, it would be exceptionally bad form to ask for the money back. As you have suggested, if that is what's happened then they should make good on the original donation in addition to the erroneous one.

The money might have been paid correctly, but the email you received was a mistake.

4. Dai Corner

Dai Corner Established Member

I've now heard back from TfW. It seems their system was misconfigured but has now been corrected.