• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFW - Gesture of Goodwill

Status
Not open for further replies.

1955LR

I sent the following letter to TFW after suffering a delay on 21 December 2019 and have just received a very detailed letter explaining the delay and Delay repay of £3.63 plus a £10 Rail Voucher, well worth the little effort reporting it although its taken a month to come respond.

I would be pleased if you would favorably consider the below detailed claim occasioned by the late running of the 14:05 train CMN to HFD on 21 November 2019. It was due in at 16:54 hrs and arrived at 17:10 hrs.
I was travelling between Carmarthen and Hereford, as the return part of a day trip using your Club 50 Any Day ticket costing £29 purchased on the day of travel at Hereford.

Due to its late running I was not able to catch the planned bus home and was unsure exactly when the later ( and last) bus was due to leave. I existed the station through the barrier in a hurry , forgetting that the barrier would retain the return portion as it was my final destination. I therefore do not have myself, any direct evidence that I did travel on the said train although I have the Outward ticket and the bus ticket I used. I presume you can check when the return part of the ticket went through the barrier at HFD

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainophile

Established Member
Not bad for a 16 minute delay. I know what you mean though, and am wondering whether you're another Herefordian who like me gets the hourly 461 bus from the Station Approach stop? It's particularly annoying if you miss the 17:00 one as the next (and last) one is 18:15.

Even more annoying is that there are weekday arrivals from Holyhead/Chester at 18:13, and from Birmingham at 18:17, both of which are just too late for the aforementioned last bus, which means travelling either two hours or one hour earlier than should be necessary. However it's probably the bus operator who should adjust their timings on that last service, 18:30 would be perfect. I might mention it!

Status
Not open for further replies.