• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW Heart of Wales Day Explorer - PRIVable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Hello, does anyone know if the 1 day Heart of Wales circular can be PRIV discounted?

A mate and I are both looking to do a rising day and we're torn between the HoW circular and a Valleys bash. The valleys day explorer isn't priv discountable AFAIK but it's only £13. The HoWL ranger is £40, and if that's not priv discountable, then it's a lot of beer tokens to sacrifice!

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
No worries. It appears some priv rate splits bring it down to around £15 anyway

_toommm_

Established Member
There appears to be no fare on BRFares so I'm erring on the side of no, unfortunately.

The Explore Wales 4 in 8 is though, at a very reasonable £24.75

Starmill

Veteran Member
There is a definitive list somewhere of the Rangers and Rovers that the discount is available with. Somebody posted it on the forum not long ago, but I can't find it and I can't remember who - @CyrusWuff possibly? I am surprised if it is not on the staff travel website somewhere?

If nobody else can find it, a ticket office at a quiet time of day might print it off for you.

RJ

Established Member
I'm sure the Cardiff Valleys Ranger is privable - should be about £4 or so.

It definitely used to be but I think they put a stop to it. I used to use it on the buses and it did raise a few eyebrows when the price was lower than the bus fare.

Edit: Ignore that - it is Privable, that's the ticket I always buy when down there...it's the bus validity they've done away with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.