• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.

py_megapixel

Established Member
Are there any examples yet of a Transport for Wales branded train interior (as opposed to debranded Arriva Wales)? What will the seating moquette look like, for example? (Presumably red).

Please share photos if possible, although I appreciate that they might not exist yet!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NewSt

Are there any examples yet of a Transport for Wales branded train interior (as opposed to debranded Arriva Wales)? What will the seating moquette look like, for example? (Presumably red).

Please share photos if possible, although I appreciate that they might not exist yet!

My video from onboard the first refurbished Class 175 is here:

There are also a couple of Class 153s with the new interior.

Jez

Established Member
I travelled on a refurbished 153 last weekend, Shrewsbury to Swansea via HOW, 1 carriage and stood as far as Bucknall. But very impressed with the refurbishment, even though we have lost lots of seats due to the disabled toilet. A 1 carriage would probably have been sufficient had it been an un-refurbished one, around 10-12 people standing.

Anonymous10

Established Member
153 refurb is a great standard seats are black and red and very comfortable easily more so than a 150 also very sleek and nice interior would be a excellent unit for use on pembroke branch in winter and shuttles and doubled up easily for other routes only thing I think they could have done is inseat power that's it

ValleyLines142

Established Member
153 refurb is a great standard seats are black and red and very comfortable easily more so than a 150 also very sleek and nice interior would be a excellent unit for use on pembroke branch in winter and shuttles and doubled up easily for other routes only thing I think they could have done is inseat power that's it

If you mean power sockets there are some at the table seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.