• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW Multiflex tickets valid for "Manchester Stations"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcaa

Does anyone know if the Multiflex tickets from TfW should be valid for the destination of "Manchester Stations" rather than an individual station? On the "My Flexi Tickets" page in the app it shows the destination as "Manchester Stations" but when you open the individual tickets they show the destination as "Manchester Piccadilly" and they don't work on the barriers at any other stations. The gate staff do accept them and they scan OK for the guards, even on the Northern trains, it's just frustrating when there's a crush at the gates at Oxford Road and you're waiting for an override from the staff.

I've filled in the contact form with TFW to ask but I don't expect a speedy response so I thought someone here might know thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Does anyone know if the Multiflex tickets from TfW should be valid for the destination of "Manchester Stations" rather than an individual station? On the "My Flexi Tickets" page in the app it shows the destination as "Manchester Stations" but when you open the individual tickets they show the destination as "Manchester Piccadilly" and they don't work on the barriers at any other stations. The gate staff do accept them and they scan OK for the guards, even on the Northern trains, it's just frustrating when there's a crush at the gates at Oxford Road and you're waiting for an override from the staff.

I've filled in the contact form with TFW to ask but I don't expect a speedy response so I thought someone here might know thanks.
It depends where exactly your ticket is issued from, but Multiflex tickets from Chester to Manchester are issued to Manchester Stations. Therefore they are valid to any Manchester station along any permitted route. Break of journey is also permitted AFAICT so even if the ticket is erroneously issued to Piccadilly, you could still break your journey at Oxford Road if coming in from the west.

mrcaa

It depends where exactly your ticket is issued from, but Multiflex tickets from Chester to Manchester are issued to Manchester Stations. Therefore they are valid to any Manchester station along any permitted route. Break of journey is also permitted AFAICT so even if the ticket is erroneously issued to Piccadilly, you could still break your journey at Oxford Road if coming in from the west.
Thanks. It was from Chester actually so I thought that was the case and the staff obviously agree too. It'd be great if they could make it work with the barriers as it's the only snag with them otherwise they seem to work great for commuting two or three days per week. I'll just have to put up with it otherwise. It's strange because you select "Manchester (Any)" when you buy them and as I said "Manchester Stations" shows as the destination on the first screen but when you access the individual tickets they have "Manchester Piccadilly" as the destination instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.