• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tfw pacer sightings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous10

Established Member
Just thought I'd make a thread to show where tfw Pacers are working. Currently 143608 I believe is in Pembroke dock I'll see what one is in Tenby

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bikeman78

Established Member
Just thought I'd make a thread to show where tfw Pacers are working. Currently 143608 I believe is in Pembroke dock I'll see what one is in Tenby
One went to Llandovery earlier this week. I don't know whether a Pacer has made it to Llandrindod or Llanwrtyd this year. Aside from that, they have worked the whole TFW network south of Hereford already this year.

Anonymous10

Established Member
One went to Llandovery earlier this week. I don't know whether a Pacer has made it to Llandrindod or Llanwrtyd this year. Aside from that, they have worked the whole TFW network south of Hereford already this year.
They are using the 150s and 153s around Cardiff so Pacers are everywhere else

Jez

Established Member
Pacers seem to be regularly turning up on the first Cardiff to Milford Haven and return working to Cardiff, the 1604 Cardiff-Fishguard and then the same set I believe does a Pembroke Dock working the next morning followed by 11.00 Swansea to Fishguard and return working to Cardiff. Some Swanline and Pembroke Dock working are also often pacers although ive also seen a mixture of 150s and 153s on these also.

Strange that on Saturdays there don't seem to be many pacers that ive noticed working the above services. Obviously the first Milford is a 175 on Saturday (or a 150 if covering!) as its return working is to Manchester. And the Swanline that for years was a pacer on Saturdays (the one that ends up in Abergavenny) seems to be a booked for a 153 since the timetable change. Saturdays used to be the most common day for pacers to turn up away from the Cardiff/Valleys routes.

Yesterday whilst waiting at Bridgend I was surprised to see an almost empty 3 car 175 arrive from Maesteg with a service to Cardiff. Considering 10 minutes before a 150 which looked quite busy was on a service to Newport (should have been to Manchester but cancelled from Newport onwards). But I guess with the weather conditions and lots of delays and cancellations nothing was running as it should have been.

The Vale of Glamorgan was also a 150 so no pacer sightings to report at all yesterday.

Anonymous10

Established Member
Pacers seem to be regularly turning up on the first Cardiff to Milford Haven and return working to Cardiff, the 1604 Cardiff-Fishguard and then the same set I believe does a Pembroke Dock working the next morning followed by 11.00 Swansea to Fishguard and return working to Cardiff. Some Swanline and Pembroke Dock working are also often pacers although ive also seen a mixture of 150s and 153s on these also.

Strange that on Saturdays there don't seem to be many pacers that ive noticed working the above services. Obviously the first Milford is a 175 on Saturday (or a 150 if covering!) as its return working is to Manchester. And the Swanline that for years was a pacer on Saturdays (the one that ends up in Abergavenny) seems to be a booked for a 153 since the timetable change. Saturdays used to be the most common day for pacers to turn up away from the Cardiff/Valleys routes.

Yesterday whilst waiting at Bridgend I was surprised to see an almost empty 3 car 175 arrive from Maesteg with a service to Cardiff. Considering 10 minutes before a 150 which looked quite busy was on a service to Newport (should have been to Manchester but cancelled from Newport onwards). But I guess with the weather conditions and lots of delays and cancellations nothing was running as it should have been.

The Vale of Glamorgan was also a 150 so no pacer sightings to report at all yesterday.
That's good news

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
142075 reached Llanwrtyd Wells today on 2M30 1435 Swansea to Crewe where it changed over with 153321 on 2V10 1405 Shrewsbury to Swansea. The unit (unknown) which should have worked 1435 Swansea to Shrewsbury shot off back to Canton so presumably a failure.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
142075 reached Llanwrtyd Wells today on 2M30 1435 Swansea to Crewe where it changed over with 153321 on 2V10 1405 Shrewsbury to Swansea. The unit (unknown) which should have worked 1435 Swansea to Shrewsbury shot off back to Canton so presumably a failure.

It must have liked it so much that it went up again on the next leg of the diagram, 1827 ex Swansea and changing over with 1720 ex Crewe to C

Anonymous10

Established Member
It must have liked it so much that it went up again on the next leg of the diagram, 1827 ex Swansea and changing over with 1720 ex Crewe to C
Was wondering where they were today as wasn't on Pembroke Dock branch

Parallel

Established Member
Wow. Anyone making a late night trip to Cardiff from Llanwrtyd would have spent almost 4 hours on a 142. Thankfully there can’t have been many!

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
TFW have moved 6 x 143s from Canton to Landore this week. With the dispensation expiring at the end of July and coronavirus one can only wonder as to their future.

Anonymous10

Established Member
TFW have moved 6 x 143s from Canton to Landore this week. With the dispensation expiring at the end of July and coronavirus one can only wonder as to their future.
Hopefully one will be preserved but likely off to a scrapyard

The following units were moved to Landore for storage last week:

Wed 01st - 143 614, 607, 610

Thu 02nd - 143 606, 601, 624

Fri 03rd - 143 605, 604, 608

IMG_20200403_125240.jpg

IamTrainsYT

Perhaps they've got more spare parts for those, bearing in mind the withdrawn Northern 142s that were sent down.
I havent heard anything about 086 for a while, are they beginning to remove parts? last I heard was about a month ago and it was still as It was, on the CF departure road looking like it was about to enter service

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
I havent heard anything about 086 for a while, are they beginning to remove parts? last I heard was about a month ago and it was still as It was, on the CF departure road looking like it was about to enter service

142086 will not be going anywhere working for TFW.

Jez

Established Member
The following units were moved to Landore for storage last week:

Wed 01st - 143 614, 607, 610

Thu 02nd - 143 606, 601, 624

Fri 03rd - 143 605, 604, 608

I can see the railway line from my home and one day last week (cant remember which day!) I saw 3 pacers passing by heading towards Swansea direction

As ive been at home social distancing the last few weeks ive seen quite a few trains passing by and although ive not noticed them all it seems to be a mix of mostly 175s and 153s at the moment on the reduced timetable. With a few 158s and 150s as well. Very few, if any, Pacers I'm pleased to say (aside from those moved to Landore)

Anonymous10

Established Member
I can see the railway line from my home and one day last week (cant remember which day!). As ive been at home social distancing the last few weeks ive seen quite a few trains passing by and it seems to be a mix of mostly 175s and 153s at the moment on the reduced timetable. With a few 158s and 150s as well. Very few, if any, Pacers recently (aside from those moved to Landore)
I think 150s have been working still but obviously fewer same with 158s

Jez

Established Member
I think 150s have been working still but obviously fewer same with 158s
Yes ive seen a 150 and 158 a few times but seems to be plenty of 153s at the moment. And most Manchester services are 175s as usual.

Anonymous10

Established Member
Yes ive seen a 150 and 158 a few times but seems to be plenty of 153s at the moment. And most Manchester services are 175s as usual.
I think the 153s are being used due to reduced demand but I wonder if they are any cheaper than a 150 to run

Also I know the Pembroke dock branch doesn't see a train till 1 currently so there's 1 153 in the morning sitting spare which probably runs somewhere around Cardiff or Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.