• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW - Talent Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikkushii

Hey, I recently had my assessment event for the position of trainee conductor and received an email yesterday telling me that I have been put into the talent pool.
They also told me that they anticipate a course in the new few months and that if a suitable vacancy becomes available within that time, they will contact me.

I am pleased to have made it into the talent pool, as I was informed there was quite a fair few people attending the event 9ver the 2 days it was held.
What I am wondering is if I am able to ask for additional information - how many people are in the pool, my own position within the pool and whether I am able to email for updates every few months?

I don't want to come across as pestering. Likewise, I don't want to ask questions I am not able to get answers for.

Any information, I would be most grateful.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GJL9916

No, it was for Crewe.

I recently went to a TfW assessment day for Crewe and was fortunate enough to get the job! the assessment was in Chester on 14th March and the course start date is 15th April, the lady who interviewed me did say though that if you get in the talent pool we will tell you what position you are in, so if they didn't mention it in the email they sent I would ask them what position you are in, it certainly won't do any harm and maybe any kind of estimate when you are likely to get on a course, I don't think it would do any harm to drop them an email for an update either if you have not heard anything for a couple of month, just shows you're still interested and keen!

Bikkushii

I recently went to a TfW assessment day for Crewe and was fortunate enough to get the job! the assessment was in Chester on 14th March and the course start date is 15th April, the lady who interviewed me did say though that if you get in the talent pool we will tell you what position you are in, so if they didn't mention it in the email they sent I would ask them what position you are in, it certainly won't do any harm and maybe any kind of estimate when you are likely to get on a course, I don't think it would do any harm to drop them an email for an update either if you have not heard anything for a couple of month, just shows you're still interested and keen!
Congratulations on getting the job! Just for curiosity sake, were you on the morning or afternoon session for the assessment?

I did end up sending an email, as I received another email on the Friday afterwards informing me that emails had not been sent and that they were sending out courtesy emails to everyone, however mine gave me different information than the original one said I was in the pool for 24 months and that they were anticipating another course within the next few months but the newer email told me 12 months and no mention of another course.

So I asked for clarification and also asked about the pool rank while I was at it.

GJL9916

Congratulations on getting the job! Just for curiosity sake, were you on the morning or afternoon session for the assessment?

I did end up sending an email, as I received another email on the Friday afterwards informing me that emails had not been sent and that they were sending out courtesy emails to everyone, however mine gave me different information than the original one said I was in the pool for 24 months and that they were anticipating another course within the next few months but the newer email told me 12 months and no mention of another course.

So I asked for clarification and also asked about the pool rank while I was at it.

I was in the afternoon session, how about yourself? I think by the sounds of it you're defo gonna get in, it's just a case of when! I had a friend who was in the talent pool and he was in there for 3 months before being placed on a course, fingers crossed it will be pretty soon for you too!

Bikkushii

Ah, I was in the morning session. I was curious who had gotten through, as I believe my interviewer told me there was only one or two places for Crewe on this upcoming course.

Still waiting to hear back from the recruitment team, though they seem to be busy as I have yet to receive a reply yet.

Maybe if I cross my fingers really tightly I will be offered a place on the next course lol
I was in the afternoon session, how about yourself? I think by the sounds of it you're defo gonna get in, it's just a case of when! I had a friend who was in the talent pool and he was in there for 3 months before being placed on a course, fingers crossed it will be pretty soon for you too!

GJL9916

Ah, I was in the morning session. I was curious who had gotten through, as I believe my interviewer told me there was only one or two places for Crewe on this upcoming course.

Still waiting to hear back from the recruitment team, though they seem to be busy as I have yet to receive a reply yet.

Maybe if I cross my fingers really tightly I will be offered a place on the next course lol

Hopefully mate, fingers crossed for you! pretty sure they were after two for Crewe but not sure if that changed at all! sure you'll be on the next course and no doubt see you around!

craigybagel

Established Member
Hey, I recently had my assessment event for the position of trainee conductor and received an email yesterday telling me that I have been put into the talent pool.
They also told me that they anticipate a course in the new few months and that if a suitable vacancy becomes available within that time, they will contact me.

I am pleased to have made it into the talent pool, as I was informed there was quite a fair few people attending the event 9ver the 2 days it was held.
What I am wondering is if I am able to ask for additional information - how many people are in the pool, my own position within the pool and whether I am able to email for updates every few months?

I don't want to come across as pestering. Likewise, I don't want to ask questions I am not able to get answers for.

Any information, I would be most grateful.

Definitely feel free to message them from time to time - obviously there is a point where it does become pestering but there's no harm in dropping the occasional line to see what's going on! They're a lovely bunch in recruitment, and the situation across all of TfW at the moment is quite fluid with recruitment so things may change at relatively short notice.

Congratulations, it's certainly not a move you'll regret!

There are a fair few changes taking place across the northern depots at the moment, which will have positive effects on recruitment. There are several conductors (including 2 at Crewe) in the talent pool for driving positions, and several more still who only need to do the final assessment before they can join them - if successful those conductors and the ones in the talent pool will eventually need replacing. There is also expansion taking place - Shrewsbury and Chester are already seeing their headcounts increase and there's a good chance the same will be happening at Crewe as well, so all in all its a good time to be in a talent pool, hopefully it will be drained again soon enough.

Bikkushii

Well the person who emailed me back informed me they couldn't tell me what position I was in the pool but told me to rest assure that as soon as a position was available, I'd be contacted.

They did confirm that I was in the pool for 24 months, not 12. So I am pleased with that - I can wait :D

It is still early days and there will be much change with all the new developments at TfW, so I am hopefull.

Status
Not open for further replies.