• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW to operate Class 37s on the Rhymney Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

43 302

Established Member
Any confirmation of whether or not a 37 will run tonight or have they officially stopped?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nedchester

Established Member
Tfw have stated on their Twitter in response to someone asking that the 37s are staying till maY 2020

I suspect that can be taken with a large pinch of salt...…..however they have had a short stay of execution......

Cardiff123

Established Member
I doubt we'll see 37418 in action again though, unless it gets an extensive overhaul it's too much of a liability, so it'll probably be just one down and one up diagram a day led by 37421

Bob Price

Running 10 minutes late 421 just went past the webcam at Queen's street on the 1701. Screenshot_20200224_171743_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
I think 37s are still continuing on rhymney services, considering services tomorrow are still pathed as diesel locomotives.

Don't take any notice of what they are timed as. The train plan for the Timetable isn't going to be changed.

The_Train

Established Member
Is there any regularity to the 37 use (in the evenings out of Cardiff) at the moment or is it truly hit and miss? I'm plotting a return to Cardiff to search out the final pacers I need and thought I could make it sooner rather than later if I can include a run out on LHCS into my itinerary. I don't want to do that and then find 153s coupled together on the working :lol:

glenbogle

Is there any regularity to the 37 use (in the evenings out of Cardiff) at the moment or is it truly hit and miss? I'm plotting a return to Cardiff to search out the final pacers I need and thought I could make it sooner rather than later if I can include a run out on LHCS into my itinerary. I don't want to do that and then find 153s coupled together on the working :lol:

The 1701 to Rhymney has been a 37 all this week - 37421.

glenbogle

Thanks for that :) I think I will have to try and get down there next week to give myself the best chance
I’ve had a week in Cardiff and been on it a few times in the morning and evening. Was a bit concerned reading the posts about the rumours of its withdrawal last week as booked my trip 6 months ago so glad all has gone to plan. Enjoy yourself.

The_Train

Established Member
I’ve had a week in Cardiff and been on it a few times in the morning and evening. Was a bit concerned reading the posts about the rumours of its withdrawal last week as booked my trip 6 months ago so glad all has gone to plan. Enjoy yourself.

You have to enjoy it when plans actually come together in this game as invariably they won't more often. Glad it worked out for you and again, thanks for your help :)

glenbogle

You have to enjoy it when plans actually come together in this game as invariably they won't more often. Glad it worked out for you and again, thanks for your help :)
You’re right there, no bother, hope it works out for you too.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
Don't take it as Gospel but it is suggested that 37421 will be running light from Canton to Hinksey tonight. There is a path in RTT

glenbogle

Don't take it as Gospel but it is suggested that 37421 will be running light from Canton to Hinksey tonight. There is a path in RTT
I’m catching the 1716 to Holyhead tonight so I’ll look out for the 1701 service and advise on here.

Bikeman78

Established Member
Ind
It’s pulling into the platform now. 37418 tonight.

Indeed it was. Ran on time throughout. The power fault appears to have been repaired at last. 1 min 29 through Caerphilly tunnel. No security goons until Caerphilly. They normally travel down from Rhymney on the 15:27 but it was cancelled. What a shame!

43 302

Established Member
Ind

Indeed it was. Ran on time throughout. The power fault appears to have been repaired at last. 1 min 29 through Caerphilly tunnel. No security goons until Caerphilly. They normally travel down from Rhymney on the 15:27 but it was cancelled. What a shame!
I am very jealous I missed that! Those security guards really do make it worse.

glenbogle

Ind

I don’t see the point of these goons,the services I was on they didn’t open or close the doors and there’s none on the North Wales slam door stock service which I’m currently on.
Lots of flooding on the Friday, o didn’t think the 37 would run due to that but glad for you it did.

rich36

Just thought you might want to know 37025 on stock at Canton on fri PM.. might it work today ?

rich36

Thanks.could only see London end and didn't know if it was top and tail with anything..might still have a look today and see if it works.. better than staying home

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
I don’t see the point of these goons,the services I was on they didn’t open or close the doors and there’s none on the North Wales slam door stock service which I’m currently on.

Because it was only on the basis of the provision of these ORR would approve the safety case for the mk2 sets, as this is a new operation it is a different requirement to their existing mk3 stock.

Bikeman78

Established Member
Lots of flooding on the Friday, o didn’t think the 37 would run due to that but glad for you it did.
I was surprised too. Unfortunately the line flooded at Lisvane again so the unit back to Cardiff got stuck at Caerphilly. Had to do a Stagecoach bus over the mountain to Heath Hospital for a lift home.

Anonymous10

Established Member
I was surprised too. Unfortunately the line flooded at Lisvane again so the unit back to Cardiff got stuck at Caerphilly. Had to do a Stagecoach bus over the mountain to Heath Hospital for a lift home.
Sorry to here that my family are from that area and I'm up west all's good but any news how long the class 37 are staying

Status
Not open for further replies.