• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW to operate Class 37s on the Rhymney Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

xc170

Have these services started yet and how long are they expected to last?

anamyd

On Moderation
Have these services started yet and how long are they expected to last?
Think they start on the 10th of June, and I believe for around 6 months until the end of the year

Oscar46016

in addition to post #173 or are we talking about the same incident...?
Same one - sorry didn't see earlier post.
""
On TOPS 516 has been showing as being at "Canton Carriage Servicing Depot" but now since the fire it's down as "Canton Traction & Rolling Stock Maintenance Depot" which I presume are two slightly different things

anamyd

On Moderation
Same one - sorry didn't see earlier post.
""
On TOPS 516 has been showing as being at "Canton Carriage Servicing Depot" but now since the fire it's down as "Canton Traction & Rolling Stock Maintenance Depot" which I presume are two slightly different things
Could one be the TfW part of Canton depot and the other the Pullman part of Canton depot...?

Broseley man

Please has anyone information on when the class 37 trains are going to start operating in the Welsh Valleys? Apologies if there is another appropriate thread but I can't find it!

Broseley man

Thanks Ash Bridge. Like many others I do miss stuff on here. I presume that as soon as something runs on the day it will get reported. If I can go on one of these it will make up[ for when I missed out last time 37s were going up the valley regularly.

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Thanks Ash Bridge. Like many others I do miss stuff on here. I presume that as soon as something runs on the day it will get reported. If I can go on one of these it will make up[ for when I missed out last time 37s were going up the valley regularly.

You're welcome, and yes I'm rather sure you'll hear it on here first when the first of the service trains launch.

Oscar46016

From 10th June it’s one service each way top and tail.
From 24th of June it’s two services each day single engine.

So if you want the TNT experience e it’s the first two weeks.

I've just seen a single engine test train go past. It has delayed the normal passenger service by a good 10 minutes. I'm guessing the run-round at Rhymney didn't go smoothly.....

PaulBWilliams

These are the schedules according to:
http://www.railtourinfo.co.uk/locohauled32.html

Transport for Wales
37418 + Mk2 RFB + Mk2 FO + Mk2 FO + Mk2 BSO + 37421

Monday - Friday
Diagram 1 (Runs from 10th June 2019 until further notice)

2F15 07:24 Rhymney - Cardiff Central (a.08:31)
2R20 17:01 Cardiff Central - Rhymney (a.18:05)

Diagram 2 (Runs from 24th June 2019 until further notice)

2F10 07:43 Rhymney - Cardiff Central (a.08:44)
2R22 17:31 Cardiff Central - Rhymney (a.18:40)

Paul Dancey

As an interested long time South Wales rail user, I've been lurking in these forums for a while, and thought I'd just post a photo taken around 9.30 tonight of this evenings test train waiting on platform 8 at Cardiff Central before moving off to Canton, with what I assume is the rake of coaches that will actually be used in service. From the platform they seemed much tidier than some of the coaches I've seen used in the past on this service.

Colas_37421.png

anamyd

On Moderation
As an interested long time South Wales rail user, I've been lurking in these forums for a while, and thought I'd just post a photo taken around 9.30 tonight of this evenings test train waiting on platform 8 at Cardiff Central before moving off to Canton, with what I assume is the rake of coaches that will actually be used in service. From the platform they seemed much tidier than some of the coaches I've seen used in the past on this service.

Colas_37421.png
Great shot!

Freightmaster

Established Member
From 10th June it’s one service each way top and tail.
From 24th of June it’s two services each day single engine.
I have heard a rumour that driver training is running well behind schedule,
so the start of public services is likely to be postponed from next Monday.

MARK

There was no fire on 37516. A split coolant hose resulted in much steam which initially got mistaken for smoke, that was all.

Decision on whether the first turn starts Monday was supposed to be taken today. If it does start, it will now be with a single engine and not top n tail as the other rake will be out driver training at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.