• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW to operate Class 37s on the Rhymney Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlosRail

It's now running 45 minutes late.

It’s just been announced at Cardiff Queen Street that the 2R20 1701 Cardiff Central to Rhymney has been cancelled, and that this is due to a fault on the train which is currently at Canton depot.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fallout402

If it helps any of you trying to get the 37 this evening, the guard van is at the rear so if you want to be near the loco, head towards the very front :)

anthony263

Established Member
I think tfw are realising they not going to get enough units modified in time for the end of this year and we sint going to get the full batch of 769s in time. If we are lucky 769002 might get into service before December.

PaulBWilliams

mde

I think tfw are realising they not going to get enough units modified in time for the end of this year
The irony is, the Riviera Mk2 coaching stock is probably worse for PRM compliance than a Pacer would be. A wheelchair using passenger can't travel on the 37+Mk2 services, and, of course, the cost of providing the staff at the doors can't be cheap either.

It's a good solution to a problem, but, they do need to be careful about extending it... unless, of course, the coaching stock gets some mods.

krus_aragon

Established Member
It's a good solution to a problem, but, they do need to be careful about extending it... unless, of course, the coaching stock gets some mods.
Or prehaps they might use some different rolling stock. Could we see the 37s hauling some additional MkIV coaches?

Fallout402

Just passed Canton and all 3 37's are there. Hopefully they'll run later, be good if someone could confirm what's done what this evening!

PaulBWilliams

Both sets of locos and coaches have run this evening...

37418 on the 1701 2R20 Cardiff-Rhymney.

37421, with 37025 on the back, on the 1746 2R24 Cardiff-Rhymney.

Bikeman78

Established Member
Both sets of locos and coaches have run this evening...

37418 on the 1701 2R20 Cardiff-Rhymney.

37421, with 37025 on the back, on the 1746 2R24 Cardiff-Rhymney.
37025 should haul the 07:24 down from Rhymney all week. About a dozen cranks on board this morning.

PaulBWilliams

I probably had my back to there Was in black jacket, second table on left as you look back. I was opposite someone else in a black jacket, who would have been facing you.

tomos dafis

Although providing welcome extra capacity and release of DMU's, the 37's are not exactly proving reliable for commuters are they?

Cardiff123

Established Member
Although providing welcome extra capacity and release of DMU's, the 37's are not exactly proving reliable for commuters are they?
6 car Pacer lash ups on the 37 diagrams would be more reliable and provide just as many seats

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
I was on the 17:01 from Cardiff Central to Caerphilly - even the 4 Mark 2 coaches wasn't enough typically. We were about 10 minutes late which is probably why I alighted at Lisvane & Thornhill instead of Caerphilly with my Anytime Return from Cardiff Central to Caerphilly. The (front) 143+150 (rear) combo a few minutes behind I caught to Caerphilly (the train manager was in 150 which I was in) the train manager was fine with me getting and I didn't have to pay any more.

I was in the front coach at the front table seat but a backwards one where you'd be on the right-hand side of the train.

For a coach built in the early 1970's, I'm very impressed - smooth riding, comfortable seats, a nice smell like a clean car and surprisingly working air-conditioning. So I can't complain.

Bikeman78

Established Member
I probably had my back to there Was in black jacket, second table on left as you look back. I was opposite someone else in a black jacket, who would have been facing you.
I was wearing a red coat. I would have walked past you. I don't do it very often but I missed 37025 when it ran on Crosscountry in the early 2000s so it had to be done.

AnthonyRail

Established Member
Looked in past pages but can’t find diagrams, could someone help me out please.

Status
Not open for further replies.