• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFW Train Crew Llandudno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kearney10

Paul Pritchard just trained me up and did a good job too! Also Mark Brocklehurst trains in Chester too.

When I got the job in August I did SCAAT, then an assessment workshop which basically was a group exercise to describe the perfect conductor, don't be too loud or too clever, be respectful, but also be confident etc, followed by interview with a conductor manager or 2. After being offered the job I had a medical involving colour vision, hearing bleep test, drug and alcohol testing and lots of questions regarding medical history. On passing the medical they sent my contract and my trainer sent a training timetable to give us some idea of what it would entail. From application to start of training took approx 2 and a half months, very quick turnaround! Good luck!
Hi I got a scatt verification on Tuesday for TFW can you give me any help on what to expect please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kearney10

Paul Pritchard just trained me up and did a good job too! Also Mark Brocklehurst trains in Chester too.

When I got the job in August I did SCAAT, then an assessment workshop which basically was a group exercise to describe the perfect conductor, don't be too loud or too clever, be respectful, but also be confident etc, followed by interview with a conductor manager or 2. After being offered the job I had a medical involving colour vision, hearing bleep test, drug and alcohol testing and lots of questions regarding medical history. On passing the medical they sent my contract and my trainer sent a training timetable to give us some idea of what it would entail. From application to start of training took approx 2 and a half months, very quick turnaround! Good luck!
Hi I'm looking for advice as I got a scatt verification on tuesday for TFW and looking for some help as what to expect.Thanks

Kearney10

Hi have you got any advice for my scatt verification as what to expect?Thanks

Plodster

Hi I got a scatt verification on Tuesday for TFW can you give me any help on what to expect please?
Hi Kearney10 I can’t give any advice sorry as I’m still waiting to hear...
Do you mind me asking when you applied and which advert etc?

craigybagel

Established Member
Hello again @craigybagel nice to bump into you again! Wow Junction guards prep it now?

And you TeaTrain :D yes, Junction took over the morning prep from Shrewsbury at the last timetable change. They don't need to use taxis that way around.

Wow that's pretty quick! Thanks mate, and thanks for the insight! There's a course starting 4th May, so it'll happen pretty fast if I'm lucky enough to get through. Do you happen to remember what sort of questions they asked?

In the current climate, I'd be amazed if any classroom based learning course starts in May :'(

Plodster

Trainee conductor cardiff,applied Nov,December time
Thanks mate. Only asked as there are two ads for the North at the moment. One has a short turn around with a start date in May and a previous one from Feb which appear to still be live.
Good luck with the test. I’m sure some of the guys on here will help:lol:

Kearney10

Thanks..I done the online scatt test last monday and now been invited to cardiff for a verification test so just looking for some help at what to expect.Good luck with yours tho

Kearney10

Can you give me any advice on scatt verification test please?

Kearney10

Hi have you got any advice for me as I got my scatt verification tomorrow and just want to try and find out what to expect?Thanks

TeaTrain

I know but you have to have initiative. You are competing against the people here on this forum and while people are happy to help it is not going to be just handed over to you because you ask constantly. People have worked very hard and gone through the same process as you are now to gain their role.

Jamie Price

Cheers Jamie, top drawer stuff! Yes I've noticed they have a tendency to drag their heels unless it suits, but fingers crossed eh?
I'm already thinking about examples, and am used to the STAR method, so your pointers are a great help thank you. I've a contact who's a guard, so now is the time to start badgering him! Do you happen to remember, is there a numeracy or ticket checking test? Hope to see you out there!
Hi mate, yeah definitely get as much help and advice off your contact, wish I'd had some help it would've been a lot easier haha! There was no online stuff for me or ticket checking stuff, just SCAAT, assessment workshop, and interview. Just hope it's not all affected by COVID mate. Good luck with the rest of your application, keep me posted!

Jamie Price

Sorry mate never saw all this til today, if it's a group based SCAAT test, which is what I did, you get 9 pages of symbols, split into 3 parts, 1st part is to find your symbol, 2nd part you have 2 symbols to find at the same time, 3rd part is you have your symbol, plus the 1st symbol on each line, so the point being your 2nd symbol changes with each line. Stop when you're told to stop, no matter where you've got to, and above all else try and make as few mistakes as possible, even if this means you complete less lines. For a comparison I was getting around 10 lines with no mistakes to begin with, steadily pushed up to about 12 lines with no mistakes as I went along. Good luck! Hope COVID doesn't delay you for too long!

Kearney10

Hi mate, yeah definitely get as much help and advice off your contact, wish I'd had some help it would've been a lot easier haha! There was no online stuff for me or ticket checking stuff, just SCAAT, assessment workshop, and interview. Just hope it's not all affected by COVID mate. Good luck with the rest of your application, keep me posted!
Thanks for getting back to me much appreciated,iv been doing some scatt test which I printed offline so that's been big help for me.With the assessment workshop what was involved?dont know when I will get called back to do it as it's just a waiting game now so will just practice more and more.Thanks

Burt807

Cheers Jamie, no worries. Emailed Recruitment regards the Machynlleth ad, nothing back, so a case of sitting tight and doing my homework I guess! I've a load of SCAAT test stuff so will work through that. Take care out there

Worcesterlad8

Anyone in for the two jobs listed in the North had any recent updates? I put in for train crew at Llandudno Junction in February and trainee conductor for Machynlleth in March (after verifying it wasn't just that location but multiple depots). The Llandudno role is showing as on hold on the portal and has been for some time (fully understandable given the current situation). I had an e-mail from recruitment out of the blue a couple of weeks ago regarding the trainee conductor role, inviting me to take the miniSCAAT. Waiting game now to see if I've got through to face to face assessment stage.

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Woresterlad8

I commented on another thread about recruitment. It is really promising that things will slowly start to move again in the coming weeks.

I suspect Monday 6th July might be the key day for changes as this is officially the first working day after the 2 metre social distance is reduced to 1+ metre next Saturday.

Good luck with your application.

CJ

SMR

Woresterlad8

I commented on another thread about recruitment. It is really promising that things will slowly start to move again in the coming weeks.

I suspect Monday 6th July might be the key day for changes as this is officially the first working day after the 2 metre social distance is reduced to 1+ metre next Saturday.

Good luck with your application.

CJ
Not in Wales it's not.....

Fredytrains

Hey all!
Does any one know where the scaat verification is Held ? (For holyhead/ junction candidate’s), and what the process is with TFW As in are assessments and interviews done on same day ,

TeaTrain

Yep that's right. I had mine many years ago when working for HHD as a guard but it was all done in the Hotel straight across from you on the corner when you exit the station.

Status
Not open for further replies.