• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFW Trainee Conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie Price

Yeah Pauline was at my interview and I've spoken to her a couple of times. Haven't got a direct email for her unfortunately. Only a Cardiff number she phoned me on a few weeks back.
Funnily enough I tried to phone that number and it wouldn't connect! She emailed me with the offer to attend the SCAAT test and all the details, and since to answer the odd query that's how I had it. Have you heard back yet mate?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Heno76

Funnily enough I tried to phone that number and it wouldn't connect! She emailed me with the offer to attend the SCAAT test and all the details, and since to answer the odd query that's how I had it. Have you heard back yet mate?
No not yet matey not sure the email address I used is monitored. There's a slightly different one for recruitment on the website so I'll try that later today if I've not heard anything. It 3 weeks now since I last spoke to Pauline.

Jamie Price

No not yet matey not sure the email address I used is monitored. There's a slightly different one for recruitment on the website so I'll try that later today if I've not heard anything. It 3 weeks now since I last spoke to Pauline.
Have you tried the 02920 number you have for her? It has worked for me in the past but not last time I tried.

Heno76

Have you tried the 02920 number you have for her? It has worked for me in the past but not last time I tried.
Not yet mate I'll leave it until either later today or Monday morning. Then try if not I'll use the other email address and see where that gets me.

Claire-r

Thank you! I passed the assessment day workshop on the wednesday and I had an email on the monday with a copy of the letter for the medical. And the medical was 3 weeks after the assessment. And I was subsequently offered the position formally on the same day as the medical. Have you been waiting long?
Can I ask what things they carry out on the medical?

Jamie Price

Can I ask what things they carry out on the medical?
Hi there, yeah sure, in this order it was drug and alcohol testing (breath test for alcohol, urine sample for drugs), then it was lots of questions regarding medical history, eye test and colour vision test using ishihara book. Hearing test in the booth and listening for beeps. Blood pressure and I think that was it! Obviously different TOC's may have different ways of doing it but that's what I had just a few weeks ago. Also, driver medicals may well have more detailed tests as mine was for conductor. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Claire-r

Hi there, yeah sure, in this order it was drug and alcohol testing (breath test for alcohol, urine sample for drugs), then it was lots of questions regarding medical history, eye test and colour vision test using ishihara book. Hearing test in the booth and listening for beeps. Blood pressure and I think that was it! Obviously different TOC's may have different ways of doing it but that's what I had just a few weeks ago. Also, driver medicals may well have more detailed tests as mine was for conductor. Hope this helps!
Thanks I have interview this week which is my first interview but not sure which one. Hopefully I’ll pass and move onto the next stage. I passed the assessment first time so I don’t have to do that again. They did say the next school intake would be January which I’m really looking forward too. I’ll let you know how I get on end of week

Jamie Price

Thanks I have interview this week which is my first interview but not sure which one. Hopefully I’ll pass and move onto the next stage. I passed the assessment first time so I don’t have to do that again. They did say the next school intake would be January which I’m really looking forward too. I’ll let you know how I get on end of week
Brilliant good luck I'm sure you'll do fine! I start my conductor training a week tomorrow, heard nothing but good things about working in the industry, and I can't wait! Everyone is so helpful so if there's anything you need just ask and people will help! Best of luck and keep me posted!

Bikkushii

Out of curiosity, are interviews usually done separately or does it just depend on which location is hiring?
I did all my online stuff, which included the tests, and was put in the pool for the assessment. Had an email a few months later to invite me to the assessment.
Our assessment was the tests in person, followed by a group exercise. After that we had the formal interview with someone from recruitment and a train manager - all in the same day.
After that I recieved an email saying I was in the pool and awaiting a course.

Just curious lol

Jamie Price

Out of curiosity, are interviews usually done separately or does it just depend on which location is hiring?
I did all my online stuff, which included the tests, and was put in the pool for the assessment. Had an email a few months later to invite me to the assessment.
Our assessment was the tests in person, followed by a group exercise. After that we had the formal interview with someone from recruitment and a train manager - all in the same day.
After that I recieved an email saying I was in the pool and awaiting a course.

Just curious lol
I had a totally different experience with TFW, which TOC have you applied for? My application consisted of: Wednesday - SCAAT test,
Thursday - assessment workshop = group exercise
Following Wednesday - face to face interview with 2 conductor managers after which I was offered a conditional post, which was subsequently confirmed 3 weeks later after my medical, and all happened in a total of 6 weeks or so, from the first email inviting me to the SCAAT test to starting my training. A very efficient recruitment process I believe the group of us have been very lucky. Hope you get out the pool soon mate.

Bikkushii

I had a totally different experience with TFW, which TOC have you applied for? My application consisted of: Wednesday - SCAAT test,
Thursday - assessment workshop = group exercise
Following Wednesday - face to face interview with 2 conductor managers after which I was offered a conditional post, which was subsequently confirmed 3 weeks later after my medical, and all happened in a total of 6 weeks or so, from the first email inviting me to the SCAAT test to starting my training. A very efficient recruitment process I believe the group of us have been very lucky. Hope you get out the pool soon mate.

I applied for Crewe but the assessment day was in Chester. We also had quite a few from other TOCs also, so it wasn't just limited to the Crewe guard position.

It feels like I've been in the pool longer than I actually have. In for 6 months and still have another 18 months left in it, but it feels like a year

Jamie Price

I applied for Crewe but the assessment day was in Chester. We also had quite a few from other TOCs also, so it wasn't just limited to the Crewe guard position.

It feels like I've been in the pool longer than I actually have. In for 6 months and still have another 18 months left in it, but it feels like a year
Just a question of playing the waiting game I guess it's hard to be patient but hopefully the call will come sooner rather than later. I haven't been waiting that long since my job offer but it seems to be taking forever! Do you know what position you are in the pool?

Heno76

Just had my medical, slightly different order as the lady was on her own and was trying to send off reports so did my hearing test first. Was busting for a wee as well which didn't help but all was good and passed so happy days. Said report was being sent off straight away

Jamie Price

Just had my medical, slightly different order as the lady was on her own and was trying to send off reports so did my hearing test first. Was busting for a wee as well which didn't help but all was good and passed so happy days. Said report was being sent off straight away
Happy days nice one mate! Yeah I had a phone call while I was still waiting for my train home saying they had received my successful medical report, couldn't hear a thing for the trains lol. I thought I'd failed the hearing test if I'm honest but it was fine, didn't like it though!

Heno76

Happy days nice one mate! Yeah I had a phone call while I was still waiting for my train home saying they had received my successful medical report, couldn't hear a thing for the trains lol. I thought I'd failed the hearing test if I'm honest but it was fine, didn't like it though!
Good luck for tomorrow matey !!!

Heno76

Cheers dude, day one in the bag, only 9 weeks and 4 days training to go! Haha when you starting then pal?
It'll be over in no time !! Still haven't heard back yet mate even the nurse said she'd heard time was of the essence hence why the report went back straight away but as yet not a peep. Anyday now I reckon

Jamie Price

It'll be over in no time !! Still haven't heard back yet mate even the nurse said she'd heard time was of the essence hence why the report went back straight away but as yet not a peep. Anyday now I reckon
Good man! See you out there one day soon all being well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.