• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfW Trainee Driver / Conductor at Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buel

No problem - Shrewsbury is my closest depot....by quite some way.
Why do you ask?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GJL9916

Ooh this is such a tough one.....I have applied for the trainee Drivers job and really want it...but think I probably stand more chance of getting a 'Service Quality Inspector' that has been posted as I speak Welsh....but don't know what to do as I don't want to jeopardise the Drivers application....any thoughts, please?

I don't see the harm in applying for both, as long as you realistically feel you have the skills or the ability to develop the skills for each job. I don't really get the 'serial applier' that some people say, in fact I have heard quite the opposite from HR (other company) and that it shows you are keen to work for the company also lets face it jobs can be few and far between that you feel you could be really suited too, especially driving jobs, so why wouldn't someone apply for both?

I've got 5 applications in with northern at the minute and I have progressed with two of those for online testing and I read on this forum that northern only accept one active application so I wouldn't believe everything you read on here. Also with TfW I put in for two positions at the same time - one was rejected and I am in a talent pool for the other so they musn't have frowned upon applying for more than one position. I say go for it but choice is ultimately yours!

Buel

I don't see the harm in applying for both, as long as you realistically feel you have the skills or the ability to develop the skills for each job. I don't really get the 'serial applier' that some people say, in fact I have heard quite the opposite from HR (other company) and that it shows you are keen to work for the company also lets face it jobs can be few and far between that you feel you could be really suited too, especially driving jobs, so why wouldn't someone apply for both?

I've got 5 applications in with northern at the minute and I have progressed with two of those for online testing and I read on this forum that northern only accept one active application so I wouldn't believe everything you read on here. Also with TfW I put in for two positions at the same time - one was rejected and I am in a talent pool for the other so they musn't have frowned upon applying for more than one position. I say go for it but choice is ultimately yours!
Thank you for this very helpful and uplifting reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.