• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFW (Trainee Train Driver Cardiff and Chester_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manda2194

Not sure if this helps guys but I have received a couple of emails from acorn since asking to be patient and that they haven't put together the shortlist yet. It does seem they are focusing on Cardiff soon so fingers crossed you here back one way or the other.

I think the issue may have been the questionnaire people have mentioned. I had to chase that myself for them to send it out.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Burt807

I previously passed the TFW papersift, but failed Acorns this time round. Farcical

Freshquick

I finally received a reply from Acorn today after asking for an update on my application.

"Due to technical failures out of our control your CV was never progressed through our automated platforms. This problem affected around 1% of individuals and regrettably yours was one of them."

"I will ensure to inform you directly the moment applications begin for this role again...."

There was an apology as well but it's still pretty crud. I'll send a polite but seething e-mail to TfW HR just in case they've not been made aware of the issue.

ILoveLamp

I finally received a reply from Acorn today after asking for an update on my application.

"Due to technical failures out of our control your CV was never progressed through our automated platforms. This problem affected around 1% of individuals and regrettably yours was one of them."

"I will ensure to inform you directly the moment applications begin for this role again...."

There was an apology as well but it's still pretty crud. I'll send a polite but seething e-mail to TfW HR just in case they've not been made aware of the issue.
I’d imagine they might send this out to more than 1% judging by the amount mentioning it so far! Poor show from Acorn.

Leavesontrack

I’d imagine they might send this out to more than 1% judging by the amount mentioning it so far! Poor show from Acorn.

Same message for me...

'the current campaign is at a hold pending assessment centres which will be delayed due to Covid19 restrictions but there is still a growing demand for more trainee train drivers therefore we have an intention to re-open a new round of applicants to support the current assessments for Cardiff in the very near future'

Manda2194

Certainly seems Cardiff is the priority at the moment. I applied for Chester and the last contact was about 6 weeks ago saying they aim to get in touch in the next few weeks because they had so many applications.

Plodster

Certainly seems Cardiff is the priority at the moment. I applied for Chester and the last contact was about 6 weeks ago saying they aim to get in touch in the next few weeks because they had so many applications.
Same. Had the generic Acorn update mid May. A friend also in for Chester was updated three weeks ago Acorn mailed him saying application not progressing. :s

Plodster

Hope you guys in the Acorn 1% Club get sorted. Sounds like Cardiff will be advertised. Fingers xd for you.

Manda2194

Same. Had the generic Acorn update mid May. A friend also in for Chester was updated three weeks ago Acorn mailed him saying application not progressing. :s

hopefully if they are already rejecting people it means our applications were decent at least! From what I remember reading telephone interview is the next stage so fingers crossed we are progress.

TracKtion

How did you make contact with Acorn? Was it through the general enquiry on their contact us page

Freshquick

How did you make contact with Acorn? Was it through the general enquiry on their contact us page

Yes, I e-mailed the Cardiff office which is on the main Acorn website quoting my Job Ref and Job ID. I was then directed to the correct person.

Sal79

Well...thankfully I found this thread! I too applied through Acorn for Chester, completely different to normal TFW applications, had a “thanks for your email, we’ll be in touch” and heard NOTHING. I found this thread and emailed them, they replied with the 1% thing they told others and sent the questionnaire over. I have completed that and posted my CV over and had a very quick response to say they are looking at it manually so thank you guys n gals and good luck everyone.

Manda2194

Its good they sent you everything out. From ive gathered from this thread all everyone else got was an apology and it wont happen again which must be so frustrating.

They have really made a mess of the process

Manda2194

Maybe it’s because I found the thread late on and they had already apologised to everyone but were able to process again, good timing? It might still go tits up for my application yet! Like you said I think it’s been handled appallingly, TFW recruitment is pretty crap anyway so maybe it’s the blind leading the blind!

Well, good luck to you anyway. Its been about 4 months since the applications started so hopefully, we should hear back soon

LeonO

Well...thankfully I found this thread! I too applied through Acorn for Chester, completely different to normal TFW applications, had a “thanks for your email, we’ll be in touch” and heard NOTHING. I found this thread and emailed them, they replied with the 1% thing they told others and sent the questionnaire over. I have completed that and posted my CV over and had a very quick response to say they are looking at it manually so thank you guys n gals and good luck everyone.
Which email address did you contact them on? I’ve tried a few different ones, but still not received an email. Glad they’re looking at things manually now!

Plodster

Had this from TFW re an earlier ad for Traincrew(Conductor)
Looks like adverts will be out again shortly

Attachments

• F0080C3B-6463-4214-93F2-09C4D3457E15.png
    F0080C3B-6463-4214-93F2-09C4D3457E15.png
    452.5 KB · Views: 74

Worcesterlad8

In relation to the six month rule for reapplying for a role, is it from date application is submitted or date when notified as unsuccessful? Apologies if this has previously been asked anywhere.

Reason I ask is I couldn’t go for Chester in March as I’d applied for Crewe in November. I received my unsuccessful notification in February. If it’s from when I applied then I can go for it this week.

Plodster

Plodster, at what point in the process were you?
The mail came as I had applied for the Train Crew role earlier this year
Also applied for Chester for the Trainee Driver role with Acorn did the form and on line questionnaire that they sent back in March
Had two generic we will be in touch soon e mails but nothing since
A mate had a rejection e mail around a month back from Acorn

Plodster

In relation to the six month rule for reapplying for a role, is it from date application is submitted or date when notified as unsuccessful? Apologies if this has previously been asked anywhere.

Reason I ask is I couldn’t go for Chester in March as I’d applied for Crewe in November. I received my unsuccessful notification in February. If it’s from when I applied then I can go for it this week.
I’m fairly certain it’s from when you get the rejection e mail

chmt

what they say about the trainee conductor role? can you please post the rest of the email that is missing from your screenshot @Plodster

Status
Not open for further replies.