• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFW (Trainee Train Driver Cardiff and Chester_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Plodster

Think it was last Wednesday he’s been told next stage is Monday 10th August
He applied in the March round for Chester
I guess it will be a good few weeks before we hear anything from the current / ongoing round of recruitment

Ghost_rider

I was also interviewed on Wednesday and heard nothing, oh well I guess that’s my answer then.

Hi, I had one last week but didn't find out for 5 working days so i wouldn't give up hope. Hopefully they'll be in touch very soon to give you some good news!

Burt807

My bad Plodster, its actually Weds 12th, but I'm on a course and can't do it. I'm hoping other candidates are in a similar position owing to the amount of notice given and TFW put another date on.

Ghost_rider

My bad Plodster, its actually Weds 12th, but I'm on a course and can't do it. I'm hoping other candidates are in a similar position owing to the amount of notice given and TFW put another date on.

Have you had much of a chance to look through all the practice material sent via email? All 88 pages! Think I need to lock myself in a room for a few days to digest it all.

Ghost_rider

I've had a go at the bourdon test from here and it's not as straight forward as you'd expect. Only just had a go this evening but I'm only getting about 10-11 odd lines and missing the odd one or two at least. I definitely need to practice!

Anyone have an idea of what they think from past experience, is a decent standard is to pass?

flowcoach

I've had a go at the bourdon test from here and it's not as straight forward as you'd expect. Only just had a go this evening but I'm only getting about 10-11 odd lines and missing the odd one or two at least. I definitely need to practice!

Anyone have an idea of what they think from past experience, is a decent standard is to pass?

The impression I've been given by threads on this site is that 10-11 lines per page with no mistakes has been enough to pass (although, clearly, nobody knows exactly what the pass mark is, or whether they missed any!).

YingYing

I've passed group bourdon to WMT's standard which i understand are enhanced, and as soon as i put the pen down i started noticing ones I'd missed :lol: so absolute perfection isn't required, but I'd say I got roughly halfway down the grid on each one, with very few mistakes. The main thing for me was to practice recognising the patterns that the groups of 4 come in rather than quickly counting each set. But what works for me won't work for others.

Slipper

Has anyone who applied for Cardiff in March had a date for assessment yet? I see the Chester applications seem to be progressing. Cheers

TeaTrain

My tip for GB is to simply grab a pen and sweep through the dots left to right line by line calling out how many your see in your head. 5 5 3 5 4 etc. Any 4 it registers and you line it.
I was able to reach about 2/3 of the way down each one with no mistakes.

Also print it off from the software. It will be on paper on the day. 5 sheets 2 mins each.

Boydy

Is everyone on this thread either waiting to hear about their paper sift or date/results of paper & computer tests? Is anyone at MMI stage yet?

Ghost_rider

Thanks for the replies. So at least I don't sound too far off in terms of how many lines I'm getting through, and also complete perfection isn't a necessity!

Ghost_rider

Hi Boydy some have already finished the process and is waiting at home ready to start training in the future. Because of Covid there are people at quite a few different stages it seems right now.

Hi, are you talking about recruitment from a different occasion other than march this year?

If so, then they've flown through that after a slow start!

As far as I'm aware, I don't think anyone's posted on this thread about going all the way through and being offered a position, but that's great if that's the case!

TeaTrain

Apologies wrong thread!! I am messaging in so many got mixed up! Edited previous post.

RachelT

It's only been 2 weeks since I submitted my application form. Has anyone applying for Cardiff (most recent job advert) heard anything yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.