• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TGN (Thameslink Great Northern) First Class benefits - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Line Rover

Established Member
The link I provided in this post in September 2014 is now dead. All mention of first class travel has been removed from the website. Is there any reason for this? What has happened to the KGX and STP lounge access and the promise of a full refund when a seat is unavailable?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
Im guessing they have removed the offer. Maybe it was abused as others mentioned in your original post?

DelayRepay

Established Member
The link I provided in this post in September 2014 is now dead. All mention of first class travel has been removed from the website. Is there any reason for this? What has happened to the KGX and STP lounge access and the promise of a full refund when a seat is unavailable?

Their FAQ Page says:

I have a First Class ticket but there's no seats left
If you have a First Class ticket but there are no First Class seats available on your train, you can claim a refund of the difference between the first class and the standard class ticket for the relevant part of your journey.

If a train is exceptionally busy the conductor may decide to ‘de-classifying' First Class. This is unusual because we respect that you have paid a premium for the First Class service.

If your train is de-classified, please send your details to our customer services team, including a copy of your photocard and daily or season ticket, along with the details of your journey to request a refund of the difference between a first and standard class ticket.

So now it's just a partial refund. But how can they know whether first class seats were available, this seems open to abuse to me!

Hands up if you've ever seen a Conductor on a Thameslink service....!:roll:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Then I check the live running information before leaving for work and I see:

05:44 Bedford to Brighton due 08:08
Will be formed of 4 coaches instead of 8. First class is declassified.This is due to more trains than usual needing repairs at the same time.

06:58 Bedford to Three Bridges due 08:58
Will be formed of 8 coaches instead of 12. First class is declassified.This is due to more trains than usual needing repairs at the same time.

07:48 Bedford to Gatwick Airport due 09:58
Will be formed of 8 coaches instead of 12. First class is declassified.This is due to more trains than usual needing repairs at the same time.

08:18 Brighton to Bedford due 10:53
Will be formed of 4 coaches instead of 8. First class is declassified.This is due to more trains than usual needing repairs at the same time.

Last edited:

AM9

Veteran Member
Their FAQ Page says:

So now it's just a partial refund. But how can they know whether first class seats were available, this seems open to abuse to me!

Hands up if you've ever seen a Conductor on a Thameslink service....!:roll:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Then I check the live running information before leaving for work and I see:

As they've asked for a copy of the photocard, do they check on the CCTV to ensure that you didn't get a seat as claimed? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.