• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TGV La Poste at St Pancras 21-03-12

Status
Not open for further replies.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
The colour light signals are of the British design but the system of which the trains communicate with the signals is KVB.

Still, at least I've shown I wasn't waffling about 'UK style signalling'. Just quoting the bloke from Atkins...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
Arrgh cant see them whilst at work.. will have to look when i get in tonight. Its an interesting idea i must say.

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Good of them to use the most publicly visible platform- control seem to be pretty good at this, they put the ICE3 there as well, didn't they?

Class377/5

Established Member
Arrgh cant see them whilst at work.. will have to look when i get in tonight. Its an interesting idea i must say.

Won't be there. Booked to leave at 11:45 and spend the afternoon somewhere on HS1 ( can't remover where tho)

Good of them to use the most publicly visible platform- control seem to be pretty good at this, they put the ICE3 there as well, didn't they?

Yes same platform. They are trying to promote the service so was a planned choice of platforms.

Funny thing is it ran late last night, around 15 late at one point!

Clip

Established Member
Won't be there. Booked to leave at 11:45 and spend the afternoon somewhere on HS1 ( can't remover where tho)

I meant the pictures. Flickr and a lot of hosting sites are all blocked by work servers so I can never view them

Class377/5

Established Member
I meant the pictures. Flickr and a lot of hosting sites are all blocked by work servers so I can never view them

Ah I get you know. Interestingly they aren't blocked on the railway! (well my lot anyway!)

Clip

Established Member
Ah I get you know. Interestingly they aren't blocked on the railway! (well my lot anyway!)

Yeah anything that can be deemed 'Social Networking' like hosting sites FB Twitter - even a lot of forums are all blocked. Presumably to not distract the staff.. Yet even us managers get lumped in with it all. And ive got very little to do today :lol:

Mike C

I popped up to have a look. Will post photos later. Had a peek in the cab too.

DXMachina

She looks great there

As a boy before the Channel Tunnel was built, books showing the likely future of UK rail often depicted TGVs arriving at London termini. I know the Eurostar is a TGV in all but appearance but this is..proper

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
And it carried a payload of 120 tons of parcels - part from CDG Airport - excellent and innovative move.

DXMachina

is it yet known whether she used her own traction package in the Tunnel and on HS1 or was dragged by a tunnel-cleared locomotive?

Edit: Thanks Mojo

Last edited:

ChristopherJ

Thanks for the pix. I was going to go and see it, set my alarm for 09:45 to get to St Pan for 11:00, got up, decided I couldn't be bothered and went back to bed until 12:30. :roll: A con of being nocturnal. :lol:

Cargo Rail Express have announced a terminal be built possibily at Barking in East London - the London Carex is the only sector of the venture that presently does not have a dedicated rail link to an airport. I assume that the payload today was logistics for Air France at London City Airport ?

Railway Gazzete report:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/nc/ne...peed-freight-train-links-lyon-and-london.html

Last edited:

nlogax

Established Member
Apologies..potentially foolish question incoming!

Both the TGV and the ICE 3 before it were dragged to St Pancras. Is this due to electrical / safety regulations relating to non-Eurostar stock, signalling or other reasons?

Ta.

Class377/5

Established Member
Apologies..potentially foolish question incoming!

Both the TGV and the ICE 3 before it were dragged to St Pancras. Is this due to electrical / safety regulations relating to non-Eurostar stock, signalling or other reasons?

Ta.

No sately case no not currently authorised to work under its own power. These trains coming in are the first steps towards creating the safety case.

Mike C

Some photos I took at SPI to add to the collection...

Attachments

• TGV la poste at SPI.jpg
    TGV la poste at SPI.jpg
    966.6 KB · Views: 183
  • TGV la poste being unloaded at SPI.jpg
    TGV la poste being unloaded at SPI.jpg
    976.3 KB · Views: 192
  • TGV la poste next to EMT.jpg
    TGV la poste next to EMT.jpg
    854.4 KB · Views: 168

Yew

Established Member
Hopefully its not long before we Have ICE's and TGV's running to STP regularly. Maybe even sending some of our own trains over too?

Yew

Established Member
I want the NMT through the tunnel at some point, since Johnny Frenchman put the Iris 320 through.

To see how much more accurate our systems are than theirs? Id quite like to see a 225 in france though, let her get to the 140mph she was designed to do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.