• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thames Branches Day Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
I note that there are no timing restrictions on this ticket at weekends.

Would it therefore be valid on the up Penzance to London sleeper (in the seated accomodation) from Reading to Paddington at stupid o'clock on a Saturday morning?

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gazthomas

Established Member
I note that there are no timing restrictions on this ticket at weekends.

Would it therefore be valid on the up Penzance to London sleeper (in the seated accomodation) from Reading to Paddington at stupid o'clock on a Saturday morning?

Thanks.

Technically no as London service is set down only at Reading and pick up only towards Penzance.

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Apologies for Hijacking the thread, just didn't want to start a new one simply to ask:

Is any PRIV discount applicable on this Rover?

I don't have access to "The Manual" so can't check myself :(

greatkingrat

Established Member
Technically no as London service is set down only at Reading and pick up only towards Penzance.

If you look at table 406 in the current NRT it shows the Reading time as "0400" on Mon-Fri, and "0402s" on Sun. So that implies it is only set down only on Sundays night/Mon morning for some strange reason. In the reverse direction it doesn't show as pick up only on any day.

wintonian

Established Member
Apologies for Hijacking the thread, just didn't want to start a new one simply to ask:

Is any PRIV discount applicable on this Rover?

I don't have access to "The Manual" so can't check myself :(

Yeh but you know plenty of people who do. ;) but causton is correct - the usual 75% off applies to the rover varietys.

gazthomas

Established Member
If you look at table 406 in the current NRT it shows the Reading time as "0400" on Mon-Fri, and "0402s" on Sun. So that implies it is only set down only on Sundays night/Mon morning for some strange reason. In the reverse direction it doesn't show as pick up only on any day.
Intriguing. I just went to the National Rail journey planner to check for tomorrow (Friday) and it didn't show as an option.

34D

Established Member
Intriguing. I just went to the National Rail journey planner to check for tomorrow (Friday) and it didn't show as an option.

Looking at both this morning and tomorrow morning, it appears to have an arrival time only at Reading.

I would advise the OP to try it, but be polite to staff if refused (there's a turbo at 04:41 sat). Also do NOT attempt to walk through the sleeping cars - board at the BFO (which is front or back).

This morning it was platform 10, tomorrow morning appears to be platform 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.