• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thames Trent Pullman

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfficialR

A3776112-AD92-41F9-9F7D-95E7C4916B80.jpeg Hi, I’m new to this so be gentle!

I’ve recently purchased the attached headboard and wanted to know if anyone knew anything about the service?

Ive tried searching online but not seen anything.

Thank you for your help.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

blackfive460

View attachment 71345 Hi, I’m new to this so be gentle!

I’ve recently purchased the attached headboard and wanted to know if anyone knew anything about the service?

Ive tried searching online but not seen anything.

Thank you for your help.

This is almost certainly a headboard from a SLOA steam charter running from Marylebone sometime after 1985 but I can't give you an exact date.

bangor-toad

Hi there,
There's not much information on this headboard but there are a few hints...

There's this image:
https://railphotoprints.uk/p601190246/h1640BA43#h1640ba43
This indicates that the service ran on 5th Jan 1985 and was hauled by A4 Pacific 4498 'Sir Nigel Gresley'
It doesn't have the headboard in the image though.

As a possible link, there's this tour listed on the SixBellsJunction website:
https://www.sixbellsjunction.co.uk/80s/850112pr.htm
This is for a tour a week later and it was called the "Thames Avon Express". However, if you look carefully at the headboard shown in the image it actaully says "Thames Avon Pullman" in exactly the same font as on your headboard. I'd suggest there's a link between this and yours.

Good luck with any deeper searching,
Mr Toad

OfficialR

Thank you all so much for your help (and lunch hours!) searching. It is really is fantastic the support and time you have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.