Thames Valley Line (Twickenham - Shepperton)

Discussion in 'Photography Sites, Blogs & Videos' started by pete_m911, 15 Aug 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pete_m911

pete_m911 Member

Hi all, I'm doing some research on the Thames Valley line - hoping to locate some historic photographs of the station at Hampton and Shepperton in particular. Also going to be looking at the stations down towards Norbiton, can anybody assist or point me in the right direction? Cheers.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. LT3001

LT3001 Member

Try looking in a few Libraries in Kingston, that would be your best start. Ask at the counter for books or archives. Also try the library at Hook Arena. (K2 bus to the last stop towards Hook from either Surbiton or Tolworth stns).

4. CatfordCat

CatfordCat Member

At the risk of stating the obvious, this book may be a good starting point (I've not read this particular one, but have similar volumes on lines that are more my patch.)

This is the home page for Kingston Council's archives / local studies bit of the library service - most library services don't hold archive material at branch libraries, although some will have a few local history books in the reference section. Some have got further than others at making digital copies of archive material available online.

5. Islineclear3_1

Islineclear3_1 Established Member

PTSO or platform depending on the weather
    What about the National Archives at Kew (if its still there)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.