• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink/ Class 700 Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Lots of new passenger hosts going through training as we speak, so expect more on GTR services in the not too distant future.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MML

The graffiti artists also seem to think etching the interior windows is just what we need to brighten up our day.
Given the train is equipped with CCTV, how easy is it for the driver to arrange an enroute BTP reception committee.
I presume the driver has his eye on the track, so not that easy to spot the hooligans in action.

Cletus

Established Member
Those 700’s are going to need alll their standing room going to Brighton today, judging the packed train I’ve just seen at Blackfriars.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Those 700’s are going to need alll their standing room going to Brighton today, judging the packed train I’ve just seen at Blackfriars.

Even worse tomorrow and Monday with the line shut between Gatwick and Three Bridges and the service thinned to half the usual level.

Class455

Established Member
Has a Class 700 ventured through Clapham Junction before? If so, how often?

ert47

I've heard rumours that the declassification of the rear 1st Class section will soon be coming to an end come the new timetable change, anyone else heard this before?

bramling

Veteran Member
I've heard rumours that the declassification of the rear 1st Class section will soon be coming to an end come the new timetable change, anyone else heard this before?

Wouldn’t be surprised, as the new timetable does increase the overall provision of seats. However, there are some places where this won’t be seen - Welwyn Garden City in the peaks for example, where it will be 8 cars only - same as today - and quite a reduction in standard class seats compared to 365s, and even more so compared to 317s/321s.

APUK002

Nope, it’s staying,were you heard?

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Why would GTR declassify the rear 1st Class compartment when the trains were introduced to GN route last November only to remove it the following May. Doesn't make sense.

bramling

Veteran Member
Why would GTR declassify the rear 1st Class compartment when the trains were introduced to GN route last November only to remove it the following May. Doesn't make sense.

One could argue that, especially off peak, 8 car 700s were replacing 8 car 365s, with a reduction in seats. Now many of these services will be going up to 12 cars, so there’s less need for a way of making up standard class seat numbers.

Things are of course more complex in the peaks, when there will doubtless be a reduction in standard class seating at specific times - especially those services through Welwyn.

Time will tell. Perhaps a decision will be made after the new timetable settles down.

An issue is the way the 8 car 700s have too much first. It seems pretty mad for the 8 and 12 car versions to have the same amount of first class. This is of course one of many design failures on these trains.

Skimble19

Established Member
Cant say I've heard anything internally to suggest this. Whilst it wouldn't overly surprise me I doubt it will change just yet.

spark001uk

Established Member
Wow, just looked at the new timetable, these units are definitely being forced into the core a bit harder now! Seven an hour now just from the BML. Then you've got your four Suttons, two Orpingtons, and a Rainham. Is stock availability keeping up ok so far?

southern442

Established Member
Wow, just looked at the new timetable, these units are definitely being forced into the core a bit harder now! Seven an hour now just from the BML. Then you've got your four Suttons, two Orpingtons, and a Rainham. Is stock availability keeping up ok so far?
I would imagine there is - note in the final timetable there will be 8tph from the BML, as well as the Ashford services and a few more. I'm assuming these haven't been added yet because the stock for those haven't been delivered yet, which would mean there's enough for all the others.

samuelmorris

Established Member
I really don't think stock allocation is an issue at the moment given the chaos the new timetable has brought with staff training issues. There are seemingly many more trains around than there are drivers to operate them.

AM9

Veteran Member
I really don't think stock allocation is an issue at the moment given the chaos the new timetable has brought with staff training issues. There are seemingly many more trains around than there are drivers to operate them.
Given that the class700s are on contract for a given availability, I doubt that the new timetable would assume a greater availability than the contract delivers.

Class315

Sitting in one of the reception roads at Ferme Park is 66783 & recently delivered 700059.

Status
Not open for further replies.