• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink/ Class 700 Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon0844

Veteran Member

As an update to this, I am not sure but over the weekend it was stated first class is not in operation on ANY trains at the moment. Might be worth checking if that's still the case in the week.

That would mean the front of a 700 or first class on 365s and 387s.

APUK002

As an update to this, I am not sure but over the weekend it was stated first class is not in operation on ANY trains at the moment. Might be worth checking if that's still the case in the week.

That would mean the front of a 700 or first class on 365s and 387s.
Really?

Not quite MP, just candidate. Whether this rather good post actually gets the councillor national votes depends on whether or the voters decide to punish the Conservatives (as incumbents) for the debacle.

sarahj

Established Member
Well the first train was seen in west worthing sidings.
34135437_10156027918202795_7907602204360441856_n.jpg

jon0844

Veteran Member

I don't know about this week, but for bank holiday weekend when there was the real emergency timetable first was declassified on everything.

This weekend looks set to have a similar timetable, so maybe it will apply again.

In reality, I think RPOs/Hosts are showing an awful lot of discretion right now. Right down to allowing people to travel the wrong way to get services back when there's a sufficiently long gap in service (such as people at WGC being allowed to travel to Stevenage to get a faster King's Cross train, or to Finsbury Park/KGX to go north). I would advise anyone to get their ticket endorsed to be on the safe side though!

D365

Veteran Member
I’ve not heard good things about Worthing, this does nothing to alter my perception!

TRAX

Established Member
If it didn’t cover the windows it would actually be quite good hehe...
This is an idea, street art liveries...

MML

Pity his name wasn't 'Thameslink /'
Are we sure this was a 'professional' graffiti artist and not some doodle by a regular commuter while awaiting the arrival of a qualified driver to take the service northbound from Rainham ?

APUK002

I don't know about this week, but for bank holiday weekend when there was the real emergency timetable first was declassified on everything.

This weekend looks set to have a similar timetable, so maybe it will apply again.

In reality, I think RPOs/Hosts are showing an awful lot of discretion right now. Right down to allowing people to travel the wrong way to get services back when there's a sufficiently long gap in service (such as people at WGC being allowed to travel to Stevenage to get a faster King's Cross train, or to Finsbury Park/KGX to go north). I would advise anyone to get their ticket endorsed to be on the safe side though!
Oh wow kool

387star

On Moderation
Are the future Maidstone east services currently the Cambridge north services ?

Bit confusing with a 700 at the cross

387star

On Moderation
Why does amberley etc down the arun valley have 700 stop car markers ?

Is this for a future service?

tsr

Established Member
Perhaps the best short answer is that the Class 700 stop markers are to ensure stations are marked on routes where they are likely to go at some point.

Historically, it has been known for stop markers to exist in all sorts of places where they have been rarely needed.

Bungle965

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Perhaps the best short answer is that the Class 700 stop markers are to ensure stations are marked on routes where they are likely to go at some point.

Historically, it has been known for stop markers to exist in all sorts of places where they have been rarely needed.
Perhaps the most recent example I can think of on the forum is VT (Voyager Train) stop boards at Manchester Victoria which must have been used for a couple of weeks in 2007. It's now 2018 and they are still there.
Sam

387star

On Moderation
Be great if there was a scheduled TL service down the arun valley

A nice scenic line for the drivers to sign as well

absolutelymilk

Established Member
Now that things have settled down a bit, are the 700s rammed in peak time, i.e. was the high-density seating necessary or are people still arguing that there should have been wider seats?

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Now that things have settled down a bit, are the 700s rammed in peak time, i.e. was the high-density seating necessary or are people still arguing that there should have been wider seats?
Things haven’t ‘settled down’ much at all though, big chunks of the timetable aren’t running yet...

Domh245

Established Member
Roger Ford's Informed Sources column has this to say:

"At GTR the 115th and final Class 700 has been delivered. However, the Miles per Technical Incident (MTIN) has been falling back for the last three reporting periods. This is concerning, given the increased potential impact of a failure on the already chaotic GTR timetable.

While I predicted low initial reliability, the slow rates of improvement among all the new fleets is starting to disappoint even my low expectations. None of the new trains can yet match the MTIN MAA of the best Pacer fleet."

Status
Not open for further replies.