• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink season ticket question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mawkie

Hello

I will shortly need an annual season ticket from Elstree & Borehamwood to London St Pancras.

I work for London Underground and my staff pass permits the use of the Thameslink service between Kentish Town and Elephant & Castle (which I believe allows commuting).

Can I legitimately buy a discounted Elstree & Borehamwood to Kentish Town season ticket and use my LU pass to get to St Pancras?

I think all Elstree to St Pancras trains stop at Kentish Town anyway, but if the above ticket is permitted, presumably it doesn't matter if the train stops at Kentish Town or not?

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

westcoaster

Established Member
I think you can get a discounted priv season ticket, think it's the mutual agreement for toc staff to get a PTAC card. But I'd check with the LU staff travel staff. Not all trains from elstree call at kentish town.

Mawkie

I think you can get a discounted priv season ticket, think it's the mutual agreement for toc staff to get a PTAC card. But I'd check with the LU staff travel staff. Not all trains from elstree call at kentish town.

Thanks. I should make myself clearer. I can definitely get a discounted season ticket through work for the Elstree to Kentish Town section, my question is really if buying that and then using my LU staff pass from Kentish to St Pancras is a valid journey. (It would obviously save around £750 on a full price season ticket.)

I've since had a second thought about touching in with a season ticket at Elstree and touching out with my LU pass at St Pancras. I think I recall some kind of excess fare for not touching out with the season ticket. Does that sound correct?

Thanks

matt_world2004

Established Member
Hello

I will shortly need an annual season ticket from Elstree & Borehamwood to London St Pancras.

I work for London Underground and my staff pass permits the use of the Thameslink service between Kentish Town and Elephant & Castle (which I believe allows commuting).

Can I legitimately buy a discounted Elstree & Borehamwood to Kentish Town season ticket and use my LU pass to get to St Pancras?

I think all Elstree to St Pancras trains stop at Kentish Town anyway, but if the above ticket is permitted, presumably it doesn't matter if the train stops at Kentish Town or not?

Thanks in advance
This can be done . Indeed they stop you getting a GTR only discounted season ticket beyond Kentish town for this reason

Status
Not open for further replies.