• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink Stations Re-naming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
Will we soon be seeing some name changes for a few stations? I wouldn't put it past First, even though they are the names people know!

City Thameslink = City First Capital Connect
King's X Thameslink = King's Cross First Capital Connect
West Hampstead Thameslink = West Hampstead First Capital Connect

Perhaps (if they do get re-named) it wil be 'xxx Connect'? Suppose that doesn't sound too bad.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Thameslink is still the name of the franchise itself so I don't think that it will change. (Thameslink & Great Northern, if you see what I mean).

RJ

Established Member
They aren't changing the names. King's Cross Thameslink has those ugly purple stickers plastered all over the place. They're probably concocting a way to incoporate places with their tradenames :roll:

Sturdjos

If anyone's interested, was at King's Cross NR yesterday, having come from KXSP, and noticed they've still got 'Thameslink' and 'WAGN' on their signs, directing to you the platforms ( IIRC! )

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I guess thats because that's what everybody knows it by - signs directing people to 'First Capital Connect' would mean nothing.

Bear in mind that next year Kings Cross Thameslink will probably change anyway when it opens underneath St Pancras station.

Tom B

Established Member
I always thought "Thameslink" was a more generic term for that service rather than just the TOC, so it should stay. Of course no doubt they'll try to change it, paint the whole station bright pink, put the fares up and sack all the cleaners and maintainance staff.

RJ

Established Member
I was on a FCC 319 on Saturday. There was a map on the wall with the LSE Map and Thameslink's details. Every reference to Thameslink had been covered with black felt tip, even the station names!

richa2002

Established Member
joea1 said:
I was on a FCC 319 on Saturday. There was a map on the wall with the LSE Map and Thameslink's details. Every reference to Thameslink had been covered with black felt tip, even the station names!
Pathetic isn't it!

Julian G

Established Member
Richard Armstrong said:
Pathetic isn't it!
Yep, the works of Bedford Cauldwell apparently
"Use a black marker pen to remove Thameslink Related Objects"
They even did that the week before the Franchise Launch!
and have anyone noticed the safety boards!, it shows a 319 in ex TL livery :o

Table 52

Julian G said:
Yep, the works of Bedford Cauldwell apparently
"Use a black marker pen to remove Thameslink Related Objects"
They even did that the week before the Franchise Launch!

Yes, I saw one of those while Thameslink was still running. It was even stupid enough to leave things such as:
Visit our website. www. (black marker) .co.uk and they also blackmarkered the word Thameslink from West Hampstead, Kings Cross and City, despite the fact the station names weren't going to change.

It had a 'Work experience lad' feel about it.

TicketMan

Nah it was an apprentice fitter - it's a four year course on how to use a hammer and a felt tip pen to fix ANYTHING!

Table 52

TicketMan said:
Nah it was an apprentice fitter - it's a four year course on how to use a hammer and a felt tip pen to fix ANYTHING!

Actually, I do subscribe to that belief myself. Although I also include Duck tape!

RJ

Established Member
Table 52 said:
Yes, I saw one of those while Thameslink was still running. It was even stupid enough to leave things such as:
Visit our website. www. (black marker) .co.uk and they also blackmarkered the word Thameslink from West Hampstead, Kings Cross and City, despite the fact the station names weren't going to change.

It had a 'Work experience lad' feel about it.

That website thing is quite daft as www.thameslink.co.uk links back to the FCC site anyway :roll:

metrocammel

joea1 said:
That website thing is quite daft as www.thameslink.co.uk links back to the FCC site anyway :roll:

As Ticket Man said, it was probably some idiot who hadn't a clue really what to do, but had been told to "remove Thameslink branding". On the Underground there are loads of signs that say "Way Out to British Rail" (at Euston for example) , and at Moorgate, "To the Great Northern Electrics" .

Sprog

Established Member
TicketMan said:

:D :D :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.