• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink trains headcode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepacerfan

I noticed that thameslink trains have started running under a headcode 2 instead of 9. Does anyone know why this is. Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JonathanH

Veteran Member
I noticed that thameslink trains have started running under a headcode 2 instead of 9. Does anyone know why this is. Thanks
The London Kings Cross to Cambridge slows have always had a class 2 headcode. The through trains are still class 9.

No class 2 headcodes at Blackfriars today.
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/se...02/0200-0159?stp=WVS&show=pax-calls&order=wtt

Mill Hill / Harpenden to Bedford today are class 2 because they aren't running through the Core due to engineering work.
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/se...2/0200-0159?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt&toc=TL

Last edited:

Peregrine 4903

Established Member
Any Thameslink train that travels through the thameslink core, or runs on the south east route must have a class 9 headcode if its passenger service.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member

If you mean on the MML, there’s Engineering works for Brent Cross station, and a soecial, much reduced is operating Bedford - Mill Hill only. If you’ve ever wanted to travel on the Down Fast in the Up direction between Radlett and Mill Hill, now is your chance.

Aictos

Established Member
If you’ve ever wanted to travel on the Down Fast in the Up direction between Radlett and Mill Hill, now is your chance.
Did it last year with a rail replacement bus from Mill Hill Broadway to St Pancras.

Still a few moves I like to do on the MML including using the Hendon lines and flyover.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Did it last year with a rail replacement bus from Mill Hill Broadway to St Pancras.

Still a few moves I like to do on the MML including using the Hendon lines and flyover.

You could have done that over the last 4 days too. Also a chance to do it over the early May Bank Holiday weekend. You’ll need to get on an EMR service to/from St Pancras.

Aictos

Established Member
You could have done that over the last 4 days too. Also a chance to do it over the early May Bank Holiday weekend. You’ll need to get on an EMR service to/from St Pancras.
Will look at timings then as it's the only major infrastructure I've not done south of Bedford.

Thepacerfan

Will look at timings then as it's the only major infrastructure I've not done south of Bedford.
Any Thameslink train that travels through the thameslink core, or runs on the south east route must have a class 9 headcode if its passenger service.
The London Kings Cross to Cambridge slows have always had a class 2 headcode. The through trains are still class 9.

No class 2 headcodes at Blackfriars today.
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/se...02/0200-0159?stp=WVS&show=pax-calls&order=wtt

Mill Hill / Harpenden to Bedford today are class 2 because they aren't running through the Core due to engineering work.
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/se...2/0200-0159?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt&toc=TL
Thanks that makes sense

bramling

Veteran Member
Thanks that makes sense

I think the Cambridge to Maidstone service (if it ever happens!) would be 9Uxx.

The May 2018 timetable had a couple of fragments of this left in, for example a 5U33 ECS move. Subsequent timetables tidied this up to something more akin to what we usually see on the GN side.

Welwyn to Sevenoaks I suspect would be 9Yxx.

Class 466

Established Member
I think the Cambridge to Maidstone service (if it ever happens!) would be 9Uxx.

The May 2018 had a couple of fragments of this left in, for example a 5U33 ECS move. Subsequent timetables tidied this up to something more akin to what we usually see on the GN side.

Welwyn to Sevenoaks I suspect would be 9Yxx.
The latest NR Train Planning Rules (available to all on their website) states that 9Uxx will no longer be CBG-MDE

1617884179976.png

Ianno87

Veteran Member
The latest NR Train Planning Rules (available to all on their website) states that 9Uxx will no longer be CBG-MDE

View attachment 94030

Possibly more likely "the service group that eventually may be Cambridge-Maidstone East, or alternatively may be something else".

I.e..it's not that it definitely won't be Cambridge-Maidstone.

Status
Not open for further replies.