• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink, Wessex and WAGN. Your days are counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
What will be changing? For the Western Region, it means that, thanks to the all-knowing, all-powerful DfT (can you sense the sarcasm?!) telling First what to do, it means some very useful services being cut, and many routes seeing their last trains brought hours earlier than currently. Whilst I like the idea of First having control over all services in the South West (with the exception of SWT of course), I hate the fact the DfT are telling them what they can and can't do. And we thought the SRA was bad...

richa2002

Established Member
And why they can't keep the very well known Thameslink brand is rediculous. All First are intersted in is getting their name on everything.

Jordy

Established Member
Richard Armstrong said:
And why they can't keep the very well known Thameslink brand is rediculous. All First are intersted in is getting their name on everything.

First Thameslink would be better than First Capital Connect, which IMO is a rediculous name.

class313 said:
For thameslink the 319's will be painted in barbie livery =@!

I doubt it, they'll probably be painted into the new first livery

Jordy

Jonno2055 said:
So part of WAGN in owned by one

Actually i think its all of WAGN, i was looking at a franchise report for One and apparently it seems they are taking over the entire WAGN franchise for the ECML and the King's Lynn, Cambridge, Ely routes..

Jordy

Established Member
warriorofrovac said:
Actually i think its all of WAGN, i was looking at a franchise report for One and apparently it seems they are taking over the entire WAGN franchise for the ECML and the King's Lynn, Cambridge, Ely routes..

I may be wrong, but I think that when 'One' was formed, it got the 'WA' (West Anglia) bit of WAGN, so WAGN should officially now be caled 'GN'. However, when First Capital Connect arrives, it will absort the 'GN' bit of WAGN with the 'WA' bit staying with 'One', Thameslink will also go to first as previously mentioned.

If you didnt know, the GN part of WAGN consistes, basically of the lines out of KX (IE those to Stevenage, Peterborough and Cambridge etc) and the WA bit is the lines out of Liverpool Street (IE those to Stanstead/Cambridge etc).

So, basically, once First take over, the old WAGN franchise will disappear, completely, the WA having already gone to 'One' and the GN bit going to First Capital connect.

Phewf, that was a long post for me

Jordy

Julian G

Established Member
really long post :lol:

i'm against First Greater Western!

hmm, i'm wondering what will happen to the Notworkers, will they have their NSE livery removed by first rubbish?
Even if the Notworkers still have NSE livery, I bet you that they will have the flying f logo on the smile

lev441

Richard Armstrong said:

I was just thinking about the franchise change this morning

i totally agree.... I always here people saying 'oh, i need to get thameslink into town'... i really couldn't imagine them going ' i need to get first capital connect into town'! I for one am going to continue calling thameslink, thameslink lol none of this FCC rubbish...

am am looking forward to seeing the new first livery on the 319's... i thnk it looks quite good on the 185's

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I wonder what will happen to the names of the stations. For example, Kings Cross Thameslink (please not Kings Cross Capital Connect :lol:)

I think its good that there will be a livery for all of Thameslink. At the moment, its a real mish mash of traditional Thameslink, Connex, South Eastern Trains and Southern. I went on a very odd 319 at the weekend. Was in bright yellow advertising livery and had tables - was called the 'family train' :) I think it should really have been on Southern, but it was nice and comfy all the same!

Southern

laverack222 said:
I wonder what will happen to the names of the stations. For example, Kings Cross Thameslink (please not Kings Cross Capital Connect :lol:)

I think its good that there will be a livery for all of Thameslink. At the moment, its a real mish mash of traditional Thameslink, Connex, South Eastern Trains and Southern. I went on a very odd 319 at the weekend. Was in bright yellow advertising livery and had tables - was called the 'family train' :) I think it should really have been on Southern, but it was nice and comfy all the same!

That sounds like one of the old Brighton Expresses:
http://www.semg.org.uk/gallery/class319_06.html

Julian G

Established Member
laverack222 said:
i made an announcer using King's Cross FCC ;)

evil_hippo

laverack222 said:

That's King's Cross first capital connect to you!

southy39

Jordy said:
First Thameslink would be better than First Capital Connect, which IMO is a rediculous name.

I doubt it, they'll probably be painted into the new first livery

Jordy

you think so...
so First should use the thameslink brand/name to cover the existing thameslink operations along with the additional great northern services that do not link the thames... so to speak...
they provie links into ondon but not accross the thames so would be stupid to brand the GN part Thameslink

class 313

Established Member
laverack222 said:

Its connex south central not eastern lol and i have yet to be on the brighton express 319's:( I also cant wait to see one livery on these 319's! Apparntly FCC turnd down an order of 377's that porterbrook would of made for them, personaily i think 319's suit the line! if anything FCC need to refurb the 319's! Also i think the stations will remain "Kings cross Thameslink" just with purple pink and white every were :lol: I will continue to say "im going to get thameslink to....."

Here is the livery that the 319's will be in

richa2002

Established Member
class 313 said:
Here is the livery that the 319's will be in
I have heard from a source inside Thameslink that this livery has been shelved and a new one is currently being thought up...

Julian G

Established Member
laverack222 said:

it's quite a good 319 isn't it :)
not SET
You probably mean ex Connex livery
so far 319009 went to Wolverton yesterday for repaint in SN livery :razz:

Tom C

Well as I work for Thameslink here goes........

The current allocation of 319 units has been turned on its head. The Selhurst allocation for Southern has been switched into the Thameslink pool because they have a lower mileage figure so 319/0's and 319/2's are mainly working on Thameslink at the moment where as the 319/3's and a couple of 319/4's have been switched onto Southern diagrams to protect the mileage as quite a few are getting close to needing an exam.

At present not a lot has been said about what is ACTUALLY going to happen when First take over, we have ordered uniform but apart from that we have heard absolutely nothing about staff travel, what First are doing to the job roles or timetables although the customer relation department is set to move to the Great Western office in Plymouth or Penzance (can't remember which) and Friars Bridge Court is to be vacated. We also know that we are going to lose our staff travel on Southern unless you have to use it to work and live 40 miles or more away from your home depot.

First were going to implement a new timetable in December which as going to implement a lot of useful changes but Southern are not going to release as many 319's as First were hoping for (and maybe none at all!!) so at the moment that appears to have been shelved.

It is a very uncertain time for Thameslink staff and I am sure it is the same for WAGN as First have not really said an awful lot so...... just got to wait for the 1st of April.

class 313

Established Member
What exsactly do you work as for thameslink? Also its great to see a member of thameslink here!

devon_metro

Established Member
The days are counting. . . . .

The last wessex trains service will be the 11:55 PGN-ESD on 1st of April :cry:

Debranding of Wessex units is due to start this week with all traces of Wessex being removed from the area as rapidly as possible including station signs, maps, timetables etc.

It seems like First are taking over most of the Country! :o

Status
Not open for further replies.