• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thameslink

Status
Not open for further replies.

class 313

Established Member
so wats the news on the bid? i thort thameslink were good, looks like they wernt, so when are the class 319's leaving, i herd they have to stay to 2008 or 2012, i wonder wat train use after? class 444? 450? 321? (nah bit old) the list is endless wat do you guys think? watever it is its gotta be dual voltage!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

evil_hippo

You're clearly new but please do take time to ensure you're spelling and grammar is correct and that you don't use text speak. it would be much appreciated by all our mnembres (sic).

RJ

Established Member
class 313 said:
so wats the news on the bid? i thort thameslink were good, looks like they wernt, so when are the class 319's leaving, i herd they have to stay to 2008 or 2012, i wonder wat train use after? class 444? 450? 321? (nah bit old) the list is endless wat do you guys think? watever it is its gotta be dual voltage!

I believe First got it.

Guinness

Established Member
evil_hippo said:
You're clearly new but please do take time to ensure you're spelling and grammar is correct and that you don't use text speak. it would be much appreciated by all our mnembres (sic).

Aye it is. According to TC "All Enthusasts should speak properly"....

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum, class313. :)

But yes, you'd better do as the Evil Hippo says ;) You don't want to see how evil he can be <D ;)

class 313

Established Member
ok thanks for that i'll try and not make him get evil. can i just say i cant belive "first" got the franchise!!! i really did not want first to have the franchise, <( i wanted national exsperss franchise to get it :cry: oh well looks like we'll have to wait untill they lose the franchise (i hope they do!) sorry for all the "first" lovers out there.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
First have not got the contract, it has not yet been announced by the DfT.

class 313

Established Member
THANK YOU! :D lets just cross are fingers that "first" dont get the franchise and national express group get thameslink! :D enough of wat i think wat does everyone else think?

Nick W

Established Member
If you are luckily first will get it.

Don't let Nat Ex get anywhere near it.....

class 313

Established Member
why is that? dont nat express own: c2c, silverlink, wagen...? and as far as i know silverlink is good and so is wagen, but not "first". wat about capital trains? new on the block (well ive never herd of them!).

Tomnick

Established Member
Has anyone actually said the 319s will be leaving?! Certainly doubt there's any suitable replacements currently on the network (certainly not the 321s which would possibly have 'issues' south of Farringdon!) that aren't required elsewhere.

class 313

Established Member
yer there is a suitable train too take over and that is the class 377/5, dont you think so? its dual voltage... and is 4-8 carrige... why not the class 377/5?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
But the 375s are needed with their current operators. Yes, they do run Silverlink, but their management varies from the plain awful (Central up until a year or so ago) to ghastly (n'one') [sic] and the fact is that they can't be trusted.

class 313

Established Member
hmmm i see but as south eastern is now using the 375's insted of the networkers (465,466) cant they be converted to dual voltage?

AlexS

Established Member
On the upside, you have Midland Mainline, and surprisingly recently, Central Trains (who are ten times better than they were this time last year, with most trains actually appearing to be clean, and relatively punctual), and on the downside, you have One.

class 313

Established Member
i would still want nat ex to get thameslink franchise. what will the franchise be named...great eastern? as it will be linked with trains from kings x. :?:

Guinness

Established Member
class 313 said:
i would still want nat ex to get thameslink franchise. what will the franchise be named...great eastern? as it will be linked with trains from kings x. :?:

First Thameslink is more likely.....

Great Eastern is dead and gone.... :roll:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Great Eastern is nothing to do with trains from Kings X - ITYM 'Great Northern.'

RJ

Established Member
Trains from King's Cross are WAGN. Liverpool Street was shared between three TOCS, WAGN, Great Eastern and Anglia (c2c don't really count). These three TOCs became One (One West Anglia, One Great Eastern), but WAGN out of LST was totally different to WAGN out of KGX. One don't operate out of King's Cross.

So Thameslink has no links to Great Eastern :roll:.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Variation of Silverstink :( also avaliable.

class 313

Established Member
yer i do know that... :P it just suits it has it links both sides of the thames!! (says exscatly wat it does!) so its not logical to change the name plus the stations include thameslink e.g kings cross thamelink... just imagion kings x first.... that makes me giggle

joeholmes

News From the BBC this Morning..

"First Group have been awarded the thameslink franchise"

(woo hoo)

Joe

class 313

Established Member
well well, first eh. will the stations still have thameslink on them? i,e kings x thameslink... no kings x "first" :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.