• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thank you and a little respect...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I viewed here for a long long time before I joined. The only reason I didn’t join straight away was because I didn’t think I could offer a high level of railway knowledge, simply because I don’t have a high level of knowledge. I do however have a huge interest in railways in general and train spotting. I’ve already asked a few questions about railways, railway infrastructure etc that many people here would see as just the basics of the basic but all the replies I’ve had have been of the highest respect with plenty of information I’ve found useful. I can’t compete with the knowledge of most people on here so I don’t get into in depth conversations!

I am fully aware that my interests in trains and in particular spotting may be seen as ‘geeky’ and ‘unfashionable’ by people of my age group (as I’m only 26) and although that doesn’t bother me and I don’t hide my hobbies a place like this is vital because it allows people with similar interests to discuss things without ridicule.

Like a previous poster said, football forums are a nightmare, I post on a forum of the club I support but most of the time it’s just a joke. Every topic descends in chaos with mods doing very little. It’s much more friendly here.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.