• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelRoad

I had a couple of days last week in London with my best friend and a fab time we had too. I want to acknowledge and thank the railway staff who made this possible for us, it was an important post-pandemic celebration for us and without the software systems, payment technology, trains, staff and infrastructure you all provided it wouldn’t have happened. You made us very happy.

We travelled up from Warrington BQ on a clean and pleasant Avanti West Coast Pendo’. Around large parts of the West End and Westminster on TfL’s UndergrounD, then out east and back on the wonderful DLR. We had time to kill before our return Pendo so spent a couple of hours enjoying St Pancras International (thanks to you especially Sir John for saving this stunning masterpiece for generations to come).

I know none of you personally but please all of you working in our transport systems accept my sincere thanks as just one small person who doubted in March 2020 she would get to see this day

9C6146E7-A0BD-443E-BF7B-6A50C5684C7C.jpeg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DelW

Established Member
Well said! We inevitably hear many negative stories on these forums, but it's good to be reminded that there are very many positive experiences out there too.

Maybe we should all take time occasionally to mention the good things that happen on the network. I had an enjoyable trip around the west country last weekend, on a complicated schedule of trains and buses, all of which ran to time despite the complex works at Temple Meads. Well done to all concerned.

squizzler

Established Member
I concur with the above. People on this forum are reporting the public once more using the trains and the services are starting to be restored. There are a lot of projects coming on stream within the next year, ranging from new stations and the Okehampton reopening all the way up to Crossrail, with brand new trains still to hit the network.

All this suggests an industry that has faced dark days, maybe I daresay a little overdue creative destruction (goodbye franchise system and fares structure), and is now enjoying newfound confidence. I wish what will soon be GBR and its staff the best success welcoming back us paying punters.

O L Leigh

Established Member
I’ve had no part to play in the trips shared above, and I don’t come to work expecting to be thanked, but it is lovely to know that what we do is appreciated. I consider that what I do is just my job and that it doesn’t merit special mention, but reading about your trip made me smile. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.