• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'That's Britain'

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
What a load of ill-informed bunkum. I see they've wheeled out self-proclaimed railway "expert" Woe-mar again and those daft comparisons with cattle.

Rent-a-quote was allowed out late on a school night? :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Butts

Veteran Member
I bet Paxman and Naughtie are "quaking in their" boots with the in depth journalism displayed in this program.

Is it produced by C Beebies :p

Badger

I actually felt they made very good points about the trains. The overcrowding is ridiculous at times and something does need to be done about it, and it is pointless that only coming in 2019.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
What a load of drivel. I managed to sit through 23 minutes of this mindless pap before I had to give up on it. Bus conductors last week, milk delivery persons this week, what are they going to want to bring back next week? Gas lighters?

Actually, I really hope it is axed before next week.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Very biased, obviously produced to appeal to the 'Daily Mail' audience.

Indeed. I was pleased to see they have already had to apologise about something they did last week!

Should I start an online petition to get rid of this rubbish? ;)

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
Indeed. I was pleased to see they have already had to apologise about something they did last week!

What did they have to apologise about? I can't bear to watch it.

The BBC was well up for bashing the railways tonight.

On The One Show, there was a report about a woman who got a Exeter-Waterloo Megatrain ticket for about £15, decided to get off at Clapham Junction (not a Megatrain Station) and was handed a PFN for £62 which then went up to £124 during her failed appeal attempt. However it was announced on the programme that the PFN had been waved, even though the guy on the barrier was probably in the right and woman was wrong.

Butts

Veteran Member

I feel you should have lasted the course.....you missed the best/worst bits. I bet you will be glued to it on i player later.....and petitioning for it to be on twice a week.

Don't worry Frozen Planet at 2100 thats what you call a good program!

Lampshade

Established Member

On The One Show, there was a report about a woman who got a Exeter-Waterloo Megatrain ticket for about £15, decided to get off at Clapham Junction (not a Megatrain Station) and was handed a PFN for £62 which then went up to £124 during her failed appeal attempt. However it was announced on the programme that the PFN had been waved, even though the guy on the barrier was probably in the right and woman was wrong.

And in doing so sent out completely the wrong message - get a PF (through your own fault), run to the media and get away with it :roll:

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
What did they have to apologise about? I can't bear to watch it.

It was something to do with criticising spending public money on soemthing arty in the countryside, but it turned out that the money came from a specific fund for former coal mining areas that had to be spent on public art.

I think the lcoal council was criticised, rather than whoever set up such a scheme in the first place.

Thats stretching it a bit - I'd say closer the Beano:p

I feel The Beano is more literate than this dog's breakfast of a programme!

This happens a fair bit. It's called damage limitation, even though it undermines the staff who have to try and enforce the terms and conditions on behalf of the company.

I feel you should have lasted the course.....you missed the best/worst bits. I bet you will be glued to it on i player later.....and petitioning for it to be on twice a week.

Don't worry Frozen Planet at 2100 thats what you call a good program!

Frozen Planet is a good show. It's difficult to believe that the same organisation can produce/commission the two shows that are about as far apart in quality that it's possible to be.

I wouldn't mind That's Britain being on every day of the week, provided it was only shown in prisons as punishment for those who have done wrong. Personally I'd prefer the death penalty though.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I'm sorry for telling you all there would be some train stuff on today's programme.

Half an hour you won't get back, eh? It was awful. Wolmar was as dull as ever with little value to add.

Butts

Veteran Member
I'm sorry for telling you all there would be some train stuff on today's programme.

Half an hour you won't get back, eh? It was awful. Wolmar was as dull as ever with little value to add.

The Channel Four one the other month was bad enough but compared to that the work of a craftsmen.

I never thought I would be praying for the return of Watchdog it's positively panoramaesque compared to Thats Britain:p

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
I really don't understand why Wolmar was on a toy train. Or why Ade Edmondson is involved.

Or maybe I'll just leave it as just 'Why?'

Bungle73

On Moderation
What a load of drivel. I managed to sit through 23 minutes of this mindless pap before I had to give up on it. Bus conductors last week, milk delivery persons this week, what are they going to want to bring back next week? Gas lighters?

Actually, I really hope it is axed before next week.

We still have a milkman. Not everyone has a car.

Badger

We used to get deliveries from Milk and More. Milkmen aren't dead or anything, I don't know why they went on about it, it's not like you can't GET a milkman. If there are none around it's because people aren't ordering from them, and is that a problem somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.