• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The 1C59 diverted at Reading West

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Yesterday the 1C59 was rarely diverted arounf the Reading West Curve as there was a fault on the leading powercar and was told the driver would have to drive from the rear (passengers were thinking hows this possible), the driver actually changed ends and went round the west curve towards the B&H (the original route due to engineering). When was the last FGW (or if it was that long ago, BR/Intercity/GWT) HST to run over this curve, i guessed some, if not all have passed knowledge on the route but how long ago was the last passenger route, thats if there was.

I do know that VT used to use this curve, especially the pine express.

any help appreciated :)

James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChrisM

Rare indeed i would have though, i think only the following use Reading West Jn - Oxford Road Jn curve

Summer service only

0946 SO Bournemouth - Edinburgh
1046 SO Bournemouth - Edinburgh
0852 SO Edinburgh - Bournemouth

Andrew

I thought both the 0946 and 1046 (1047 and 1147 from Basingstoke unless I'm very much mistaken) run non-stop to New Street on Summer Saturdays? And whilst that's cool in principle, VT's public timetables allow exactly the same amount of time as the 'normal' service with it's 6 stops including one that's a reversal.

Status
Not open for further replies.