The 7.39?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crispy1978, 7 Jan 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crispy1978

crispy1978 Established Member

Anyone know which was the 'home' station?

Looked to me to be a Southern operated stations. The South West trains may or may not be a red herring!!

2. ainsworth74

ainsworth74 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Just in case anyone is wondering this thread is talking about this TV programme ;)

3. bb21

bb21 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'm pretty sure that it's an SWT station. I thought it was Woking initially, but that may well be wrong.

4. GatwickDepress

GatwickDepress Established Member

[​IMG]
    I thought Woking initially as well, it does look like Woking's canopy, plus the building behind is familiar. I think it is Woking!

Last edited: 7 Jan 2014
  5. steamybrian

steamybrian Established Member

I was going for Woking as well.
    The "town centre" scenes look like Guildford though- can anyone else confirm?

6. Pumbaa

Pumbaa Established Member

It is Woking. They spent a good few weeks earlier last year on and around the station.

7. telstarbox

telstarbox Established Member

Do you think it would have been filmed on a 'charter' train with extras rather than in the genuine rush hour?

8. GatwickDepress

GatwickDepress Established Member

The 444 has it's buffet open in a later scene, talk about a massive inaccuracy! :lol:

9. Pumbaa

Pumbaa Established Member

It most definitely was. A lot done on Sunday mornings I think.

10. telstarbox

telstarbox Established Member

Part 2 of 2 is on tonight if anyone's interested.

11. johntea

johntea Member

Just watching a drama on the BBC iPlayer about some romance that develops with 2 commuters on the '7:39' train service to Waterloo (Not sure where they board the train!).

Anyway does anyone know how they filmed it? As I imagine they can't stick a camera crew and actors on a random train! (Presumably they filmed a lot of the train scenes in one go!)

12. TEW

TEW Established Member

Looked like Woking from the couple of scenes I saw.

13. asylumxl

asylumxl Established Member

I've not seen the show, nor do I want to, but I will hazard a guess that most scenes would have been taken in a static location with the views out the window composited in later.

14. steamybrian

steamybrian Established Member

Rather than hazard a guess -I would suggest you watch the show and then form an opinion.
    The scenes through the windows seemed real to me (not composited later) and I identified most locations were on the 4 track line between Woking and Waterloo. There were some quick glimpses of some double track railway but would have to see "still photos" to confirm this.

15. Matt Taylor

Matt Taylor Established Member

Most of the train shots were filmed on a static 444 in platform 6 at Woking last spring.

16. TEW

TEW Established Member

Doesn't look like Guildford to me, definitely not Woking town centre either though.

17. CharlieP

CharlieP New Member

Town Centre is Church Street in Twickenham.

18. grid56126

grid56126 Member

David Morrisey - the actor in it - was interviewed a few days before and said that the train scenes were shot on Saturday mornings using a special train and lots of extras and also said the Waterloo shots were similarly done on Saturday mornings.

Morrisey, said a lot of people were already / would compare it to "Brief Encounter" but in reality it would be completely different, he was right and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I suspect quite a few men and women watching it had some uncomfortable moments of recollection.

19. TEW

TEW Established Member

Makes sense that it was filmed on a Saturday morning, didn't exactly feel like peak time at Waterloo.

20. Phirstman

Phirstman Member

If it was Woking it would be an inaccuracy as the programme regularly made reference to '2-hour commutes'. Oh and there isn't a 07:39 anyway! ;)

I thought I heard the automated announcer say 'calling at Guildford, Woking and Waterloo' at one point so I think the script intended them to come from a further station. Of course where the scenes were actually filmed is a different matter entirely!

Quite enjoyed the programme though, rarely watch this sort of TV but was decent enough. First episode was slightly better than the second.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.