• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Announcement Bandwagon (Birmingham Annoucements)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd

Okay, I'm jumping on the Annoucement game bandwagon. There isn't much of a prize - I'll give you £5 off the rover ticket for the Birmingham meet if you're one of the few who are coming - if you're not, tough luck, you won't win anything else, however feel free to enter anyway.

There are two announcements - both at Birmingham New Street:

Platform 5b for the delayed 1232 Virgin Voyager service to Manchester Piccadilly, calling at:
Wolverhampton
Stafford
Stoke-on-Trent
Macclesfield
Stockport
and Manchester Piccadilly.

Platform 5b for the delayed 1232 Virgin Voyager service to Manchester Piccadilly.

and the second:

Platform 10b for the 1134 Central Trains service to Redditch, calling at:
Five Ways
University
Selly Oak
Bourneville
Kings Norton
Northfield
Longbridge
Barnt Green
Alvechurch
and Redditch.

Platform 10b for the 1134 Central Trains service to Redditch.

Please note:
1. You must read both annoucements.
2. You will be marked on clarity, realism, not stumbling, pronunciation, reading the list correctly (i.e. not missing out stations or saying in the wrong order), overall realism and there will be a bonus mark for sounding vaguely like the real annoucer at New Street - I won't give you his name, 'cos you could then go and find his website and hear him - you've gotta know it!)
3. All entries by Sunday, 10th July 2005.
4. Please send in .mp3 or .wma if possible, if you can't don't worry, I can easily convert it myself.
5. Please record each announcement as a separate file.
6. Submit to me by e-mail, MSN or attached to a PM on here - along with your real name as well as username.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Guinness

Established Member
jdan said:
Okay, I'm jumping on the Annoucement game bandwagon. There isn't much of a prize - I'll give you £5 off the rover ticket for the Birmingham meet if you're one of the few who are coming - if you're not, tough luck, you won't win anything else, however feel free to enter anyway.

There are two announcements - both at Birmingham New Street:

Platform 5b for the delayed 1232 Virgin Voyager service to Manchester Piccadilly, calling at:
Wolverhampton
Stafford
Crewe
Wilmslow
and Manchester Piccadilly.

Voyagers rarely go via Wilmslow unless its Enginnering works!

Via Macclesfield Please! :P

jd

Okay, yeah - I took the stations from LDB on sunday, so thats probably why. Changed.

jd

Okay - please take note of the rules, most importantly the deadline date.

Oh, and could anyone who enters please supply me with their REAL name and their USERNAME please.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Very well, although I trust you'll honour my request to not have my real name displayed on the forum, something which happens a lot elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.