• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The army

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutter

I'm currently on a college course which prepares you for work in the public services. Can you join the army if you have asthma, some of the tutors say yes and others say no. I know the Navy don't accept asthmatics

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AJP

I dont think you can (not 100% sure) I have asthma im sured I found out ages ago :?

TheSlash

Established Member
I think it depends how bad you are. I used to have it when i was younger, but it only effected me during the winter. Never had any problems with it since i was 11 though

It depends on how bad it is i think
If you can pass you physical then they will review your case. Dont hold me to it tho thats what i remember my cousin saying when i was small and wanted to join cos he was in it

16CSVT2700

Established Member
nutter said:
I'm currently on a college course which prepares you for work in the public services. Can you join the army if you have asthma, some of the tutors say yes and others say no. I know the Navy don't accept asthmatics

I am on a National Diploma in Public Services (presumably the same as you?) and I'm unsure of this matter, I will however check my notes from last year and see what they say!

nutter

I went for the Nat. dip but fell out with the tutor (he had a annoying habit of saying O.K after every word, and o.k I o.k mean o.k every o.k word o.k :lol: ) so I downgraded to a Nat cert. The tutor used to take aaaaagggggeeeeeeessssss to finish a sentance and I almost fell asleep in most of his lessons, and I'm known on my course for my brilliant attenion span.

Status
Not open for further replies.