• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

the awful woman strikes again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve158

got off my train at widney manor/acocks green today..

that bloody woman(of man picc/leeds infamy)is there as well!!

is this world domination or something?? :shock: :o

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
steve158 said:
got off my train at widney manor/acocks green today..

that bloody woman(of man picc/leeds infamy)is there as well!!

is this world domination or something?? :shock: :o

Yes, unfortunately it is ;)

Jordy

evil_hippo

I tried to listen to an announcement in Leeds to ascertain my platform to go back to Appleby (gone are the days when it would never be anything other than platform 5, which is a shame) and I ended up goign to 13 instead of 9C because she is so unclear. With Phil Sayer you could make every word out.

Jonno2055

I think we have her on witham, we also have a new bloke on the 360s, from the middle of essex. Not sure what his name is though...

Jordy

Established Member
Oooh oooh oooh! I've found a Station with Phil!!!! Heaton Chapel near Manchester Piccadilly!

Jordy

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
He can also be found at Yorkshire Coast Line stations, Shipley and Kings Cross Thameslink (though this may have changed). Yay! However, Hull is probably the only major station left with him.

Nick W

Established Member
I like the London to Brighton and Eastbourne line announcement voice, if it still hasn't changed.
edit: must be Phil Sayer

Galvanize

Phil Sayer isn't completely dead yet!

He's at:
B'ham New street
London Victoria
SWT Stations
Southern Stations
Waterloo East
Blackfriars
City Thameslink (The old version :) )
Kings Cross Thameslink

Sprog

Established Member
Jonno2055 said:
I could have sworne that he still does exeter, and quite a bit of the west country.

Yep, he does. Digital Dorris does alot of the announcments on Wessex Trains stations though.

Bristol Parkway and Temple Meads have both voices and often at BPW, on platform has male, the other has female. :idea:

Julian G

Established Member
laverack222 said:
He can also be found at Yorkshire Coast Line stations, Shipley and Kings Cross Thameslink (though this may have changed). Yay! However, Hull is probably the only major station left with him.
max, the voice is still the same at King's Cross Thameslink

I wish they still have that (warning sound) when you have to stand behind the platform edge when a fast train is approaching

I've noticed Celia changed as well :shock:
the way she said Mill Hill East on the train

I like the Woman on the 350
Quite funny last time
"Welcome onboard this Silverlink County for Northampton calling at (10secs space) Watford Junction,Hemel"

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Julian G said:
I like the Woman on the 350
Quite funny last time
"Welcome onboard this Silverlink County for Northampton calling at (10secs space) Watford Junction,Hemel"

Thats just as bad as this stupid woman we now have invading the network. The gaps she leaves between phrases are huge in some announcements, and at a busy station like Leeds, it means that the announcements are basically constant, because it takes so long for her to finish each one :roll:

It seems particularly bad at Sheffield.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
There are real person announcements at Coventry

evil_hippo

Royalscot said:
They should use local voices for some of these annoucements. Lilly Savage for Merseyrail and Jasper Carrot for Centro...The Queen for Windsor of course.

None of that. The voice we really need making the announcements is that of Gareth Hale.

Muppet

spm_43030 said:
Jonno2055 said:
I could have sworne that he still does exeter, and quite a bit of the west country.

Yep, he does. Digital Dorris does alot of the announcments on Wessex Trains stations though.

Bristol Parkway and Temple Meads have both voices and often at BPW, on platform has male, the other has female. :idea:

Digital Dorris is the Anouncements of 180 adleantes.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
I noticed the piccadilly woman at sheffield

also down here, Phil can be heard at Swindon and Chippenham as well

steve158

interesting one at newark castle yesterday:

"the next train on platform 1 is scheduled to arrive at 1558. calling at Nottingham, Loughborough(very long pause), Barrow on Soar, Sileby, Syston and Leicester"

it turned up 11 minutes late 8)

Jordy

Established Member
Good news here, despite the Sheffield invasion, Phil remains at Meadowhall :D

Jordy

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Phil shares the workload with a female counterpart at Reading too. And I'm sure that the Plymouth announcer is his female version.

Status
Not open for further replies.