• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Bid

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloogrape

Has the BID ended? ive just read in a different topic First Group has won?
in a way i dont care who wins because which ever companie wins it ive got my foot in anyhow..

Ok let me make it clear.
i went to First Great Western for an interview for the Train Guard position, i had been asked if id like to take on the senior guard position instead, which i agreed. had been told i would goto Newport for my assesment, about a three weeks after the interview i received a letter which is attached (look) so who ever wins the bid has to take me on because im on record.

im realy hoping i can take my assesment in january.
I had four months before that taken my assesment and passed then had my interview but failed with SWT.

Fingers crossed.

http://www.bloogrape.co.uk/letter.gif

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlexS

Established Member
What that letter means is that whoever wins the franchise will reassess your application and get back to you on whether you passed in their eyes or not. If it's first, you should be OK. If it's someone else, you might not be.

bloogrape

Will bear that in mind, although i have been told from my train driver buddy... and he has talked to the person who interviewed me that because i had passed the interview i am on record, when BR changed private and different companies have taken over that strech of line the records are passed on. the position is stil short staffed so as you can imagen my fingers are crossed.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Well it's official that First have now, so the job should be yours.

Good luck and leet us know how you get on!

If you do get it, we'll have to travel on one of your trains some time ;) :lol:

bloogrape

yorkie said:
Well it's official that First have now, so the job should be yours.

Good luck and leet us know how you get on!

If you do get it, we'll have to travel on one of your trains some time ;) :lol:
No problem, travel on my train anytime, and yes il keep you guys upto date on it, if i get it il take picture when i can.

Status
Not open for further replies.