• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Class 180 to FCC thread ...a comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

ungreat

Hi all

I am an FCC driver..there is talk still of us getting the 180s.They would be used on Spalding-KX fasts(i.e Spalding-Peterborough-Huntingdon-St Neots-KX) and only Peterborough drivers would work them

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

O L Leigh

Established Member
Spalding...?! Why start/finish them from there?

If CT are running a Cl153 from Peterborough that way, what make FCC think that it's worth running a Cl180 there. Are these supposed to be additional paths or is this just a cynical way of releasing EMU's for use elsewhere?

one TN

T

Tom

Can a 10 car train fit in the reversers at PBO? If not then that's probably why!

It is widely expected that the class 180 fleet will move to TransPennine Express next December and any 180's which they are not scheduled to use will be used by First ScotRail on their long distance "express" services.
None to FCC im afraid

T

Tom

According to a source at FGW, they will be needed at FGW longer than a year during the HST refurbishment. Then they'll move off to ScotRail, and not TPEX.

compsci

I'm told that the staff at Hornsey were shocked by any prospect of having to look after 180s. Given the high reliability of the stock currently maintained there adding something as relatively unreliable as a 180 would be a nightmare.

class 313

Established Member
I cant see 180s being used on FCC (ECML) if they need more stock they would atleast try and get more EMUs and not DEMUs/DMUs.

Although when/IF Thameslink 2000 happerns the SRA want FCC (Thameslink) to use a mix of 319s and 365s so extra stock will have to fill in on the ECML for FCC.

ungreat

Can a 10 car train fit in the reversers at PBO? If not then that's probably why!

We run a 12 car 365(1807 from KX weekdays) and it fits the platforms at P'boro(4 and 5 we use for its arrival) so a 10 car would be no problem

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Frankly its all just rumour at the moment! We would be better discussing the pros and cons of them being used at the various different TOCs rather than just saying what the 'plans' are ;)

Sprog

Established Member
The 180s will be needed for at least another year yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.