• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Comic Book Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY Yankee

Trains and railroads aren't my only passion. I also like comic books. There are two comic book franchises-Marvel and DC. Marvel includes popular superheroes like Spider-Man, Wolverine, The Hulk, Captain America, and Iron-Man. The most popular DC characters are Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and The Flash. This summer, several comic book movies will be coming out, including The Avengers, Spider-Man, and The Dark Knight Rises (Batman).

Out of the three, I think Avengers will be the best. It features a huge array of characters. The Dark Knight will also be pretty good. Batman will face his arch nemesis Bane, who has superhuman strength. In the comic book, Bane broke Batman's back. I'm a little skeptical about the Spider-Man movie. There have been three other Spider-Man movies. The first two were excellent (he fought Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus, respectively). The third one (Venom) kinda sucked since the plot was all over the place. I encourage everyone to take the Tube to a nice theatre and enjoy these comic book movies.

Avengers Trailer

[youtube]1hPpG4s3-O4[/youtube]

Spider-Man

[youtube]VWMZAZkFDbk[/youtube]

Batman

[youtube]GokKUqLcvD8[/youtube]

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Yew

Established Member
Marvel and DC are ok. But nothing compared to the Beano and Dandy!

starrymarkb

Established Member
Beano and Dandy are different audiences though. Marvel and DC's UK equivalent is probably 2000AD :)

Am really looking forward to the Avengers, loved Captain America, Iron Man and Thor :)

Batman just makes me think of Adam West :)

I'm not massively into it but I do enjoy 'The Big Bang Theory' which always refrences either Marvel or DC, and occasionally even guest stars related to them. E.G Stan Lee.

Also I don't live in London so won't be taking the Tube to the theatre. :)

@NY Yankee, if you are familiar with the Big Bang Theory (on CBS I believe), do you consider a likeness to Sheldon or Raj? I.E liking trains and comics and being very geeky (and possibly little luck with the ladies)?

NY Yankee

I don't watch the show, but I heard about it. It airs in America. I never talk about trains or comics with women. And not to go too far off topic (I wanted this thread to be about Captain America, not my dating problems), but the women in America have high standards. They want guys to be tall, muscular, and drive fast cars. I'm a shy guy so that's an issue. I doubt that women in the UK are as shallow, but since I've never been to the UK, that's only speculation.

Getting back to the topic, who's going to watch the Avengers?

starrymarkb

Established Member
Me - though it looks like it's been retitled to avoid a name clash with a native show from the 60's (which also had a film release). Avengers Assemble doesn't really sound right to me.

BTW I'll be walking to the Cinema - I have two (Odeon and Vue) within 5 mins of my flat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.