• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

'The Devon Pullman' Railtour Timings (50007+50049)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Future

Timings for UK Railtours' 'Devon Pullman' railtour have been confirmed on RTT. The tour features (most likely T&T) locos 50007 'Hercules' and 50049 'Defiance'. The tour is operated by DB Cargo UK

ECS Stewarts Lane - London Victoria (Whole train + 1 Loco)

ECS Stewarts Lane - London Victoria (Other loco)

London Victoria - Exeter St Davids

ECS Exeter St Davids - Exeter Riverside NY

ECS Exeter Riverside NY - Exeter St Davids

Exeter St Davids - London Victoria

ECS London Victoria - Stewarts Lane

There is sure to be lots of movements at Exeter so get your cameras at the ready to see some 50s!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cambsy

On Moderation
If anyone has got 450 spare, lying around, then there are still seats available on this tour, to sample best luxury and food on any UK train, and 50 thrash to boot, so its good deal, now if only had 450 lying around, behind the sofa.

Last edited:

Graham H

Not too sure its actually that expensive given what you are getting. A similar length trip behind a 66/67 in a Mk1 carriage will set you back £339 with a table for 2 add on in premier dining from what I just looked up. Add in the absolutely superb service, a couple of class 50's up front and I would rather shell out on one of these experiences. Have looked behind the sofa, found enough coins and will be enjoying myself on Saturday. This is actually my 3rd pullman trip with UK Railtours and they are excellent value for a special occasion and has the added advantage that Mrs H enjoys them too rather than a dusty rattle in a mk1 always hoping you will return on time. All you have to do is invent a special occasion on whatever day they run it !!

cambsy

On Moderation
Nice one, hope you have great day Graham H, envy you though, wish could do it too, but not enough funds.

EdChap

I and my Wife (SWMBO for those old enough) are going on the Pullman tomorrow as part of my 60th Birthday celebrations. Should be a great trip.

geoffk

Established Member
Weather forecast for photographers is poor unfortunately, after all these sunny days.

Future

Weather forecast for photographers is poor unfortunately, after all these sunny days.
Oo don't spoil my excitement! Yeah this cold front is likely to catch up with us one of these days unfortunately :(

Deepgreen

Established Member
Timings for UK Railtours' 'Devon Pullman' railtour have been confirmed on RTT. The tour features (most likely T&T) locos 50007 'Hercules' and 50049 'Defiance'. The tour is operated by DB Cargo UK

ECS Stewarts Lane - London Victoria (Whole train + 1 Loco)

ECS Stewarts Lane - London Victoria (Other loco)

London Victoria - Exeter St Davids

ECS Exeter St Davids - Exeter Riverside NY

ECS Exeter Riverside NY - Exeter St Davids

Exeter St Davids - London Victoria

ECS London Victoria - Stewarts Lane

There is sure to be lots of movements at Exeter so get your cameras at the ready to see some 50s!
The UKRT page says the 50s will both be "at the front". Could be for only part of the day, of course. Presumably whatever brings it into Victoria in the morning can be used to pull it out again at the end of the day. Otherwise, perhaps T&T all day, despite the claim on the web site.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
The UKRT page says the 50s will both be "at the front". Could be for only part of the day, of course. Presumably whatever brings it into Victoria in the morning can be used to pull it out again at the end of the day. Otherwise, perhaps T&T all day, despite the claim on the web site.

I’d have thought they’d both be on the front from the point of view of only needing one set of crew?

I’m going to watch them going up the bank to Exeter Central hopefully.

High Dyke

Established Member
ECS arrived into Victoria this morning behind Cl.67's seemingly. Current running consist only shows one Cl.50 from London. Passengers / observers may be able to advise differently.

Iskra

Established Member
ECS arrived into Victoria this morning behind Cl.67's seemingly. Current running consist only shows one Cl.50 from London. Passengers / observers may be able to advise differently.
Reported elsewhere as just one 50. Assume the other one wasn’t available.

Deepgreen

Established Member
Pity. Possibly one of the draws for passengers has gone, but, being a Pullman working who knows how many 'Hoover hounds' may have been interested anyway? Possibly more lineside interest than on-board! Did it arrive behind more than one 67, BTW?

I’d have thought they’d both be on the front from the point of view of only needing one set of crew?

I’m going to watch them going up the bank to Exeter Central hopefully.
Well, if the single 50 information is correct, that should be an effort on Pullmans!

Last edited:

Here you go! 50007 as 034, looked and sounded great through Kintbury. Second charter of the day through here.

Attachments

• PXL_20220618_090305230~2.jpg
    PXL_20220618_090305230~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 46

The other one unusually stopped at Hungerford, was a top and tail 47 to Kingswear

Attachments

• PXL_20220618_075656130.jpg
    PXL_20220618_075656130.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 25

MiNi

The other one unusually stopped at Hungerford, was a top and tail 47 to Kingswear
LSL charter Slough-Kingswaer. Top n tail 47's to Taunton for steam(braunton) to Kingswear and back to Taunton then 47's again back to Slough

EdChap

I was told that the reason for the 2 Class 67's being used was that they both needed refuelling before the strikes next week. The single Class 50 managed very well.

Graham H

Does anyone know what happened to the second class 50 as nobody on the train seemed to know. Single 50 kept time all the way so could be heard nicely thrashing away especially up the bank to Exeter Central

Romsey

Not a fast start from Exeter Central, stately and noisy. ( It's meant to be stately with the Pullmans!)

Attachments

• IMG_20220618_154658 50007 1Z52 EXD-VIC at EXC.jpg
    IMG_20220618_154658 50007 1Z52 EXD-VIC at EXC.jpg
    797.4 KB · Views: 29
Status
Not open for further replies.