• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Edwalton Equinox Railtour (Old Dalby + GCRN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Tying in with a final visit to Edwalton (the northern extremity of the Old Dalby test track) a Class 67, top and tailed with a Class 60 on a load of 13 carriages will travel up the Midland Mainline to Loughborough Junction where it will use the Great Central Railway (Nottingham) to 50 steps Junction (just shy of Ruddington and the Heritage Centre site itself). The train will be piloted on GCRN metal's by either Class 56 56097 or Class 25 25279 (D7629 in old money). Named the 'Edwalton Equinox' the train will depart Ealing Broadway on Saturday 11th November 2006 and is being run by Pathfinder Railtours.

Further information can be found here: http://www.pathfindertours.co.uk/Enthusiast.htm#Edwalton111106

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Nick said:
travel up the Midland Mainline to Loughborough Junction
It would have to travel down the Midland Mainline to south London via the Thameslink lines to get there!

*Sorry - couldn't resist ;)*

Nick

Coxster said:
It would have to travel down the Midland Mainline to south London via the Thameslink lines to get there!

*Sorry - couldn't resist ;)*

And there was me being geographical :(

bunnahabhain

Established Member
It's down the Midland Main Line to Loughborough Chord Junction, up the chord to Loughborough East Junction and then onto the GCR(N).

FYI!

Tomnick

Established Member
It's down the Midland Main Line to Loughborough Chord Junction, up the chord to Loughborough East Junction and then onto the GCR(N).

FYI!
Actually, FYI chap, Quail tells me that it's down the MML to Loughborough South Junction, then down the Ruddington single line via Loughborough East Junction ;).

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'm unofficially considering this one.

Should I change my mind and say I'm not going on it for X,Y and Z reasons, however, I expect not to complained at for changing my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.