• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Electric Scot Tribute

Status
Not open for further replies.

D306

Established Member
Spitfire Railtours announce new tour with 87002
http://www.spitfirerailtours.co.uk/Future tours2.htm#The Electric Scot Tribute

Join us for a day trip travelling behind one of the Britain's finest Electric Locomotives. A stalwart of the West Coast Main line, we take the locomotive over its former stomping ground, to include the assault of the summits of Shap & Beattock to reach our destination of Glasgow. Glasgow is an interesting city with many attractions. It boasts a variety of Museums & Art Galleries, an excellent array of shops including the largest glass covered shopping mall in Europe. With its a wide range of Pubs and Eateries, this vibrant, cosmopolitan City will satisfy the appetite of most.

Only thing is, it's on a Wednesday

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
But it doesn't start in London! Still, at least it'll give you something to moan about.... <D

Well theres always the debate of why it doesn't start in London as they used to work London - Glasgow regularly and it would then go down the trent valley and that was there main stamping ground etc etc...... :roll:

class 313

Established Member
Well theres always the debate of why it doesn't start in London as they used to work London - Glasgow regularly and it would then go down the trent valley and that was there main stamping ground etc etc...... :roll:

Meh, doesn't bother me.

It bothered me because the Midland Mainline is my local Mainline. ;)

alex57601

I can think of one reason why not to start in London...

Spitfire are sending a priority booking form out to those who were booked on the original tour back in December. And I think it's only right that the tour is run using the original route (plus stop at Wigan North Western) and this makes it possible for those who originally booked to get to it, especially if it's more convenient to do that than trek to London.

Besides, running it from London will make the tour too long a journey. But you have a fair point nonetheless.

Galvanize

Could always have another tour staring in london some time in the future, going to somewhere like Manchester or Liverpool? Or perhaps 87 hauled through to Preston, then 40145 for a mini tour around the north west or to Blackpool? :P

Jim

Established Member
Phwoar! Its on my Birthday.

*hint* ;)

So your hosting a birthday party then are you? Remembering birthday parties are (in my expierence) normally paid for by the person(s) who are orginising, the tickets are on Loader!

:-P:-P:-P

class 313

Established Member
So your hosting a birthday party then are you? Remembering birthday parties are (in my expierence) normally paid for by the person(s) who are orginising, the tickets are on Loader!

:-P:-P:-P

Good luck with that ;)

Established Member
you should start your own tour operator :p GalvanizeRail (sounds good actually!)

You'd better be the manager...

''25 Express, get your tickets while there here'' - NOT a sarcastic comment before anyone starts.

alex57601

I hope everyone who wanted to go on it originally gets a seat now.

Depends on how many people can actually do it once those who received priority booking forms (me included) have booked on again.

The Wednesday running isn't convenient for everyone to do, and somehow I can't see everyone who was originally booked or originally intended to book, being able to do it - with no disrespect to those behind the organisation of this tour due to the circumstances.

Will I be on it? I hope to be, but it's a major sticking point right now as I won't actually know until days before whether I can make it.

EE Type 3

Established Member
Tempting to book on with some mates, although if it's the Cargo-D stock it will look too good to travel behind 8)

Phoenix

Established Member
Status
Not open for further replies.